Contact survey

David Roth

Contact survey

Post by David Roth » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:32 pm

Family Rights Group is conducting a web survey of contact issues for family and friends carers. You can find it by scrolling down a bit on the front page of the FRG website, here: http://frg.org.uk/

We would like to hear from family and friends carers who can tell us about their experiences of contact, and how it has worked out for the children they are raising.

This is part of a larger study on contact issues which Family Rights Group is undertaking. It will take about 20 minutes to answer the questions in the survey, so please do make some time and let us know what you think!

David R
FRG Policy Adviser
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

golden oldie

Re: Contact survey

Post by golden oldie » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:21 pm

Hi filled it in but found it didnt allow for, if you had children that came from more than one dad

golden oldie
golden oldie

Diane

Post by Diane » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:59 am

I started to fill it in then decided it did'nt really apply to us even though I foster my GD.

I stopped when I got to all the contact with her father because he lives with us still even though he is a soldier.It was her mother she was removed from my son,although still young is great with his daughter and as her most weekends at home.

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:22 am

Thanks to all who have completed the survey, or are continuing to fill it in.

When Family Rights Group is making a case, we like to base it as much as possible on the evidence of what is really happening to the families we are working with, and these sort of surveys do let us know what people's issues actually are.

Golden oldie - thanks for completing it, and I'm sorry it didn't match your circumstances. We tried to design the questionnaire so it wouldn't be too long, but it meant there would not be an exact fit for everyone's circumstances. It's also possible some sibling groups could have the same father and different mothers, but the form could have ended up quite unwieldy if we included two (or more) sets of questions under each heading.

For anyone who wants to let us know about the contact arrangements for each father, or each mother, perhaps you could do the form again for each child, but the 'father' section only?

David R
FRG Policy Adviser
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

johanna

Post by johanna » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:04 pm

Filled in survey but although we do not have regular contact with birth parents we have had a lot of contact with other members of the family - survey does not reflect this.

Also CP issues still current with their parents - again not reflected by survey.

Johanna

Aunty Lucy

Post by Aunty Lucy » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:59 am

Is it only for information on contact with parents?

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:31 am

It focuses on contact with parents.

As originally designed, there were more questions about contact with others, but that made it an incredibly long questionaire, so we decided to focus on parents, and just have a general question about contact with others, that people could fill in if it applied to them.

So if the children you are raising are having contact with their siblings, or with other family members, then please do complete the questionnaire. Your answers will help inform us.

David R
FRG Policy Adviser
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

special4ngel

Post by special4ngel » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:54 am

Hi
I have just completed the survey but it does not allow me to state that there is an order for me and mother to make our own arrangements for contact, but the mother does not bother with it, only having contact when she wants it...

caz
caz