foster pannel

David Roth

Re: foster pannel

Post by David Roth » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:57 am

Trapper, I can understand why you would feel slightly wary if they appear not to be open about payments.

All local authorities should have a document stating what the amount is that they pay to their foster carers - after all, they don't just pluck the figures out of the air. Most are transparent and make this available to their foster carers, so now that you are an approved foster carer you should be able to see it.

Incidentally, the local authority does have a number of duties towards you now that you are an approved foster carer. The Fostering Services Regulations 2002 state: "The fostering service provider shall provide foster parents with such training, advice, information and support, including support outside office hours, as appears necessary in the interests of children placed with them."

Additionally

"If a fostering service provider decides to approve a person as a foster parent it shall
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

trapper

Post by trapper » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:18 am

hi they hav now approved me as a family foster carer and are to start paying the basic rate to me for the children only i hav loads of paperwork to fill out now log books etc.

jenmarie

Post by jenmarie » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:18 pm

We went to foster panel on the 7th Dec 09 to find that the placement team had done their job but g/s social worker hadn't. Hence us going back to court on the 9th Dec and being given interim res order. We now have the sgo. I hope it works out for you.

Love and hugs.

jenmarie

Post by jenmarie » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:21 pm

Soz didn't see your last post. Thats wonderful news. xx

Kate

Post by Kate » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:57 pm

[:)] Glad to hear your news trapper! [:)]