sgo

harleigh

sgo

Post by harleigh » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:05 pm

hi im new to this i have been looking through this site for a few wks now an see there is so much imformation on here i only wish i had found it bk in 2005 when we took on the care of our great neice the lo was placed with us by ss due to mother abusing and neglecting her she was in a mother and baby unit being assessed at the time she was placed on a care order and contact was at our house while mother was attending 1 of these contacts she hurt lo we immediatly imformed ss and had to take lo to hospital to be medicaled from that we decided mother would not have contact at ours and ss backed us we went for a ro after a yr mother never attended contact centre at all in that time even after ro she never went eventually in late 2007 we applied an got sgo as mother was telling lies etc an draggin us into court at every oppetunity the first sgo got lost so in late 2008 we reapplied after mother dragged us bk into court saying she had changed settled down etc as she is family it didnt take long for us to find out there was dv going on with her and her new partner she announced she was pregnant again and a section 7 was done to see if she could have chid bk and contact every day after school and wkends we told s worker no way we want the sgo we should of had it ages ago you lost it well would you believe it it turned up but was out of date and it was all in our favour no contact except letterbox 2 times a yr we went through the assesment again and passed with flying colours but guardian wanted some contact as neice now had a sibbling and mother an partner had been asssedssed to keep this child we were to say in the least horrified as neice had not seen mother since she was 12 mnths old she was now almost 4 well we got to court no mother and again and again in the end papers were served on her an she still failed to attened judge gave us the sgo and mothers application for contact was dissmissed that was april 09 she has since had 2 more kids and through her family is now saying she is taking us to court again to get neice bk or contact wkly we thought the sgo protected us not like the ro we have not had any court papers yet also she has just got married and we are worried this is a singnificant change an judge will give her leave she is still the same after 5 yrs thinking neice will just walk up to her an say hi mom ive missed you we did consider adoption last time but understand its hard as we are family we are so scared she will win this time an lo is so settled doing well at school everything is going on lovely lo is such a darling 5 goin on 16 she dosent deserve any more of this an nor do we please could you give me some advice thanks in advance

harleigh

youngagain

Re: sgo

Post by youngagain » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:54 pm

Hi Harleigh, I take it that the little one is now with you under a sgo.
It is very unlikely in those circumstances that the court will order for her to return to her mother as you say she is settled with you.
Contact could be an issue but I would ask you to seek legal advice ASAP
as all circumstances are different. It appears that the L.A. are on your side and in the making of the SGO the court report compiled by the L.A. would have recommended the SGO to the court.Therefore the fact that you have a n SGO gives you most of the rights.
A court would have to have a very compelling reason to annul an SGO as they are intended to provide a secure long term placement for the child.Its important that little one sees her mum but as I have said before don't take any nonsense from the birth parents. I hope this helps and good luck.

harleigh

Post by harleigh » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:36 am

hi young again thanks for the reply we have spoken to our solicitor and she said we have nothing to worry about mother would never get the lo bk and as she has failed to attend court even when she issued court papers herself mother seems to think they are just going to hand bk lo even though she has done nothing for the lo in almost 6 yrs she dosent want the contact but the child back as family we no things are not going well with her other children who she managed to keep they are always dirty an the 1 has just started nursery and they have alredy complained bout the child foul language an being dirty nits etc the her parents brothers sisters were all for us havin lo until she passed her assessment with lo half sibling now they dnt have contact at all in 3 yrs and slag us off all the time solicitor said if they dnt want to see lo even though there is no contact order we have accomodated them never told them they cant visit they just dnt bother all the grandchildren to her parents are ever in care or being neglected in 1 way or another constantly got ss on there bks we have seen these kids an they are so dirty and lo mother had 2 boys adopted a few yrs ago she seems to be slipping bk into her old ways what should we do we have thought bout imforming ss but think they will just say we are being malicious im scared for these kids they are such lovely kids but we are not in the position to take them in as we are getting on now and last yr had to turn away from having our own grandaughter due to our los emmotional probs caused by her mother thats another story please any body imfo needed thanks in advance again.

harleigh
harleigh

youngagain

Post by youngagain » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi harliegh, sounds like you have your hands full, i would concentrate on just giving the little one a secure home, you cant do everything and the other children, well its sad but if the parents want to act that way, you have no control over it. Take care