What more can i do?

Beautispot

What more can i do?

Post by Beautispot » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:24 pm

A private arrangement was agreed between myself and sister in law for my 10 year old nephew to live with me. I need to know what type of order i should be applying for. Is it a residence order, special guardian, or PR. My Nephew was getting in trouble with school and was involved with taking a knife to school, attempted theft and becoming increasingly more physical/abusive to his mother. She could no longer cope with his behaviour and agreed that he can live with me. I believe his behaviour was due to the lack of love which was shown to him by his mother. He felt left out because he has a year younger sister who receives all the love and attention from mum. His father (my brother) has been in and out of prison so my nephew has not had a stable, loving environment.

My nephew just started a new school in Croydon which is also very daunting for him. He is in yr6 and will be attending secondary school in Sept 2011, however is education needs are of great concern to me as his educational level is equivalent to Reception/year 1 where as he should be on a level 5/6. The school has been helpful and my nephew has undergone an assessment to help to put strategies in place to deal with his educational needs, although the results will not be known for several more weeks. I am also concerned with his emotional and mental health needs. Financially it is a huge strain I am waiting for CB/CTC to be transferred to me. I am paying for extra tuition, i am in the process of trying to get him involved with the cadets so that he can meet new friends and gain social skills. I genuinely believe that he may need counselling. I also have a 7yr old daughter who also needs support and direction with coping with the changes. I have contacted social services (SS) but they did not want to know because my nephew was previously from Nottingham and SS had no active involvement with him. Help! What more can I do and is there any financial assistance i can apply for? Where can I go for support?

Beauty
Beauty