Happy Birthday

grannyp

Happy Birthday

Post by grannyp » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:23 am

Another birthday has gone by for my G/D and not even a call from her mother or father.
My heart breaks to think she got one card from family and that was from us.
I cant understand what this child has done to my family or my husbands family that they cant remember her bithday as she has lived with us for 13 years.
Her mother phoned yesterday to say G/D might be upset after visiting her brother ( he live hundreds of miles from us and it takes a lot of organizing to get her there ie permmision to be off school getting her to the train station) as she had phoned my G/Ds brother to tell him his step grandad (the child meet him twice ) had died.
By the time my G/D meet her brother he was so upset that she spent 3 hours trying to calm him down.
The mother also said in the message she left that if my G/D did not get her card yesterday it would be here today and as she did not want to post money she would give it to SS next time she she had a visit from them.
You guesed it no card from mother today.
I try and console myself with the thought that if G/D dont care then its all good but I know that she does care.

Piglets-House

Re: Happy Birthday

Post by Piglets-House » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:26 am

I cannot offer you any words of wisdom for you dilemma, what I can say is your gd is very lucky to have you and from one member of her very special extended family of kinship carers I would just like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY. xx

Kate

Post by Kate » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:34 am

AMEN TO THIS! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a special girl [:)]

I cannot offer you any words of wisdom for you dilemma, what I can say is your gd is very lucky to have you and from one member of her very special extended family of kinship carers I would just like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY. xx

Kate

Post by Kate » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:44 pm

As Kate has said she belongs to an extended family

Credit must go to Piglets-House, I just quoted her, but isn't it lovely to think of all the children we're caring for in this way [:)]

Like the bank account idea Irene!