A few unexpected problems

Sue74

A few unexpected problems

Post by Sue74 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:31 am

Just a few more questions, nephew's sw visited me and my hubby last week, we sorted out contact and that my nephew will be coming to us under a care order, not kinship, just a care order, we will see ....... anyway, my sister is already pregnant with the 2nd baby, due in Feb, my nephew will be 13 months old, sw has asked us to consider taking on the new baby has well but he wants to put the baby on an ro, now for me and the hubby this is unacceptable due to the family dynamics plus financially we wouldn't be able to afford it, we are in 2 minds on what to do, do we go ahead and take the new baby on or do we let this one go up for adoption ............ what i don't understand ( call me stupid lol ), is why is the sw willing to put my nephew on a care order but not the new baby? If we go ahead with both then we would have to build a loft room for my eldest son, can i get financial help with that off ss has we live in a 3 bedroom house and with just one extra kid we could swing it but doubt it very much with 2, seems everytime they come round they put more stuff our way, help!

Kate

Re: A few unexpected problems

Post by Kate » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Hi Sue [:)]

If SS don't want the baby to be with the parents from birth they would presumably take the baby into care if you weren't able to take on his/her care? So I can't see why they can't place the new baby with you under a care order just like the older baby. It sounds a ploy to save money on the part of SS. SS should be eager to keep these brothers together, which puts you and your husband in a stronger position to push for taking them both under the same order. I think it would be helpful for you to ring the FRG helpline for advice.