Residence order?

Angeleyes

Re: Residence order?

Post by Angeleyes » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:20 pm

children on child protection register since 2008 due to an accident with one of the children, plus neglect. Mum and Dad drug and alcohol issues. From reports also big issue with parents failure to work with agencies.

yogibear

Post by yogibear » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:28 pm

Hiya Angeleyes. I'm so sorry you've had such an awful day. Did none of the immediate family get the chance to have the children before they went into care? I hope things get better for you and the children soon.

Of all the things I've lost. I miss my mind the most.
Of all the things I've lost. I miss my mind the most.

Kate

Post by Kate » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:37 am

Sorry it was so awful angeleyes. It sounds a mess, but given that the children have been on the CP register since 2008 and parents reportedly have not worked with agencies, it seems unlikely that there isn't good reason for them not being with their parents.

I feel very ignorant after all this time not knowing what an IRO is - I know it stands for interim residence order, but not what else!?

Help 1870

Post by Help 1870 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:33 am

I would have to agree with Kate, based on what you have said it would seem there is more than enough reason for the children being in care.

The only thing that would alter my view on that is if the parents had actually turned their lives around in the 2 years since the children were removed, but the 'not working with agencies' suggests the might not have.

Angeleyes

Post by Angeleyes » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Yogibear, yes Mum's, mum gave up her job, because she has no home ss told her to go and find somewhere and she could have the children but it never happened and no one knows why, I can only have them if I move, which ss have agreed is ok, we think ss decided Mum's, mum was not a suitable carer but they have not said this, she then went onto have an assessment, but that got stopped also, my assessment however has been successful but this still does not warrant the children being in care for another 3 months because the powers that be cannot get things done, IRO is advising Mum to contact her solicitor to get another court hearing, I just don't understand how ss work and why they are making such big errors, how can it be in the best interests of the children to remain in care for 6 months, it's heartbreaking. Mum wants children in care to be returned to her 2 other children have different dad and are with his family and settled, mum seems to have made some progress but is still in denial that she put her needs before her children, and of course is blaming sw for everything.

Kate

Post by Kate » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:05 am

Independent Reviewing Officer who's role it is to review the situation and ask questions as to why actions have not been completed

Duh, I should have guessed, thanks Irene!! [:)]

Help 1870

Post by Help 1870 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:12 am

SS wont give details about the assessment of a person to another because it breaches confidentiality. The fact the assessment was stopped and not completed is quite telling, even if there are problems the assessments usually carry on to completion so others make the final decision. Its only if something significant and serious crops up that an assessment will be stopped.

I hate to say this but I get the feeling that you are either not privvy to a lot of whats going on with this case or much of the information you are getting, particularly if thats coming from mum and other family members is not the whole truth.

Keeping the children in care for now till everything is sorted is actually a good idea at the moment, What no one would want to see happen is them taken out of where they are and placed with someone else, ie you, and for some issues to crop up thats going to destabilise the placement, that could be disastrous for the children and they attachment process which will already have been affected to a degree anyway, they dont want to damage that anymore, trust me, you dont either, its heartbreaking to see a child pyschologically injured in this way, and its hard to recover from.

The wheels grind slow, you just have to have faith that somewhere, even if it is hard to see where, the best interests of the children are paramount.