SGO

mumof3now

Re: SGO

Post by mumof3now » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:56 am

Hi Mermaid

Justed to wish you well for court. Our case started in March 2008 with my nephew being put into foster care against our request to have because mum didnt want us to. Then when all assessments were finally done and after many court hearings he was eventually placed with us at the end of Jan 2009 on a ICO with a kinship allowance minus cb from the placing LA. I had to give up work for 1 year and could only go back part-time.
Then more hearings to decide on the order as placing LA would only support us with a RO. Ours were great and fully supported us with the SGO. Also both LA's spent months arguing who should pay - I was lucky that both the judge and the Guardian wouldnt agree to the final hearing until the support and finance were agreed. after a total of 3 final hearings 2 days before xmas 2009 were granted the SGO with finance until the age of 18 (almost the same rate as Muspark) and with on going support for his attachment disorder. They tried to get out of the support saying that he was cured thanks to us and stating in court that the Theraplay peeps said he did not need ongoing support. What they didnt know was the therapist had emailed me the report (saying he would need ongoing support) and her good luck wishes the day before court and thank goodness I can get my emails on my mobile phone and showed the judge just what tricks the LA will try.
So the judge asked our La to
Take it on fully
And they agreed and there has been no problems.

Good luck and hold out for what you all need. As we all know love is just not enough if only it was I could have saved myself all the stress over the last 2 years.

Mumof3Now
Mumof3Now