child not returned after access visit

nett

child not returned after access visit

Post by nett » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:38 pm

hi , well here i am again still no reply today from social services regarding my case this is really beyond a joke now , had niece on phone today the middle child went to stay with his dad at the weekend and was suppose to return him sunday ,wll he phone mother up and got her permission to keep him till 3 pm today ,he ddnt return him, she phoned him and he said that he nt returning him,she phoned s/s who said that they are supporting him ,the police said because s/s are supporting him they will not get involved as the child not in danger and they supporting him to get full custody at final hearing in august, mother has full custody of him at the moment and the access was only verbal but agreed in court last time ,what can she do now ,her solicitor said they going to try get heard in court at end of week to have him returned ,what can she do now as been told nothing she can do as ploice will not help ,

Bonnie

Re: child not returned after access visit

Post by Bonnie » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:11 am

Hi,
To be honest, this doesnt sound right!
If mother has full custody, ss are now supporting father and the child wont be returnd, seems to me that dad could of held on to the child a few extra days to get an interim residence order (IRO)He may not of done, but in law the child must be returned to the parent with custody, unless ss take out care orders and place the child with the father, for this ss would have to inform the full time carer, mum.

Im afraid all she can do is go to court if ss are supporting him and police cannot get involved.

I hope im right, it is my opinion only
good luck!

(((H U G S )))
(((H U G S )))

LLB

Post by LLB » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:56 pm

I am not up in these things but was there a court order giving only the child's mother sole custody or has this got something to do with the parents not being married when the child was born so the father has no parental responsibility either? If this father is okay then is it unreasonable for him to have his own son?

nett

Post by nett » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:11 pm

the mother has sole custody of the child , the father and mother were not married when the child was born and is not on the childs birth certificate ,they split 4 years ago and he has not had regular access until approx 6-99 months ago but he still has not returnedd the child today and s,s say they are going to back him up to get residence of the child in court in august

Bonnie

Post by Bonnie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:04 pm

If this is correct, then the father has no PR of the child.
If ss are backing him why? have they done assesments?

If some one came and took my grandchild for a visit with no PR and kept the child, surely this is kidnap and legalised by ss supporting it!

What has the solicitor had to say? the longer you leave it and the child is with him, the harder it will be to get the child back.

(((H U G S )))
(((H U G S )))

Bonnie

Post by Bonnie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:21 pm

oops! ive just read all your ostings!

So things may be different now ive read up, sorry![:(]

If the children were on care orders and ss are determined to foster and adopt the children, then it is obvious they do not feel the mother can look after them.
If the mother needs a little help and thier is help available, ss should of looked at the options.

Is the mother fighting this decission?

If ss are adament the children will be removed, then even though the parents were not married, he is still the childs father, ss will place the child with a parent first, then relative if the placement is refused.

You should still continue to fight to have the other children placed with you, if not the two young ones, the two eldest.

good luck, keep us posted

(((H U G S )))
(((H U G S )))

nett

Post by nett » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:14 pm

hi ys the mother is fighting the social services they have been to court 3 times before to have the children removed and failed the final 5 day hearing is end of august , there is no concern over the father having the child at all he is a good father to him it is just s/s are backing him but surely the child should b with mum until august ,what if she wins the case will they demand the father to hand the child back , we are ttrying for all 4 children but until we get s/s report back to why they rejected us we cnt do anything as we got no case to fight and cnt apply to party to proceedings ,we have nothing against us to b rejected for ,we have been told this may just b a policy decision but where do we go from here ,help needed please

nett

Post by nett » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:38 pm

its not only that who decides which children you care for as i dnt want to be the one who splits up the family i would rather not have any of the children than choose between them ,

nett

Post by nett » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:21 pm

well here we go again its been 3 weeks now since we sent a letter to s/s asking in writing for the reasons for being rejected for kinship , we still have not had a reply , our sol just says sit tight as we cnt do anything without this info its really getting me down now as we want to know where we stand and what we are fighting , any suggestions on how to speed things up as the final hearing is end of august for s/s to remove the children

Bonnie

Post by Bonnie » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:20 pm

Hi Nett,
Its called ignore her as we will get away with removal and adoption.

Right, ACT FAST! Phone the head of social services complaints, make sure you kept a letter of the letter you sent. Keep all copies of letters, log hone calls and times.

Right, ss have tried removal and failed that is a good sign, now, you need to help mum fight!
Get mum to tell her solicitor if she cannot keep them then she would like you to be assessed by an independant social worker, solicitor should put it in writing to ss solicitor. Mums solicitor should take the matter to court as a matter of urgency that the ss will not return the child, they are using this situation as a leverage to remove the other children, hence your not suitable, the judge will ask ss in court for thier reasons and he can ask you be assessed by an independant social worker.
Judge will want to know why the child has been removed and they must have a cor plan. SS have to justify removal, I cannot see how they can justify allowing one child to go, yet there are three children left with mum???

If yours or mums solicitor refuse to see the judge, CHANGE your solicitor!!

(((H U G S )))
(((H U G S )))