stressing out

Kate

Re: stressing out

Post by Kate » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:43 pm

The Grandparents Association can provide details of solicitors with family law experience. I found a firm in our town online via the their website, and had a free half hour there (which in fact went on for 1 1/2 hrs at no charge)

ps just checked out their site, here is a link below. When you get onto the site, click on Lawyer Search, then on Extended Search Options and you will be able to put in your town, postcode, etc, and it should give you the relevant law firms in your area. Good luck [:)]

http://www.grandparents-association.org.uk/home.html

babylove

Post by babylove » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:54 pm

thanx for the replies. i will get on to it first thing tomorrow. that was a good result kate.

babylove

Post by babylove » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:56 pm

thanx kate just seen that link i will go on there now

Kate

Post by Kate » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:44 pm

Hope it helps babylove [:)]

babylove

Post by babylove » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:53 pm

thank you i will keep you posted

joanne6153

Post by joanne6153 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:24 am

Hi baby love
we are going through as sgo at the moment to care for our great niece and nephew we were one of five options at the start and twelve months down the line we are the only option and we are now hopefully on the last part of our journey, the last option the great nephews dad dropped out a few months ago because he was advised that under no circumstances would the seperate the children as it is extreamly rare that this is donebecause he isnt the dad to great neice he decided no he only wanted one not two and the LA said deffinatly NO

keep your chin up x

jo

babylove

Post by babylove » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:24 am

hi jo, thanks for the reply. i think i was the only option at the start of this apart from them going back to mum, what i can make out the LA are still backing me but the guardian is still looking at options i think. what has annoyed me is the fact that i asked SW if the aunt was going for the little girl and she said that under no curcumstances was that an option, now the guardian is saying she told me from the start that she was and i know she did not.

its very reasuring to hear that they dont like splitting a sibbling group up as these children have different dads. its really getting to me now as the final hearing was in july but now there saying it could go on longer

flexi

Post by flexi » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:01 pm

Hi babylove
I was in the same position as u but only had my GD she was with me for nearly 2 years before i got SGO as her aunt on mothers side ( well long distance relative) was party to procedings and was going for RO, i now find myself in the same situation all over again as mum as had another baby which was placed with the same aunt pending DNA which we now have, so it will be another fight through court between us both :( even thou i have GD, just hopeing they will let siblings be together xx
stay strong xxxx

maria
maria

babylove

Post by babylove » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:01 pm

thats my wish aswell that they will not split them up. it is really stressful and im so scared aswell . still i have found a solicitor today and they came highly recomended just got to supply some info on mon then they will make an appointment for me so fingers crossed.

i hope you manage to keep the strength up to fight for the baby as i think siblings should be brought up together.
good luck

mumof3now

Post by mumof3now » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:13 am

Hi Babylove

Don't want to worry you but they do sometimes split siblings up. I recently got SGO for my nephew he was one of 3 all had different fathers, paternal grandma for 1 of the children got SGO and sadly the other child was put up for adoption as his maternal gran failed her assessment and didnt fight it. But you are in a different position they are already with you now and have an interim care order, my nephew and sibling were in foster care, so that will make a huge difference I think.

We do see both children and that will never change and it was something that was huge part of the assessment process, that we had to prove our committment in ensuring my nephew would regularly see his siblings.

For me I was worried that all 3 would have gone, because maternal gran was only going for 1 child, so if we hadnt stepped in we would have lost him. I didnt worry about them being split up because we knew that they would have never placed all 3 together for adoption we were told that at the beginning.

I really feel for your situation and hopefully your solicitor will start pushing things for you, and put your mind at easy as best as possible on this rollercoaster process.

Good Luck

Mumof3Now
Mumof3Now