Deadline today for financial package

neverendingstory

Deadline today for financial package

Post by neverendingstory » Fri May 28, 2010 10:59 pm

Hi all,

The deadline for Hastings and Richmond to come up with a financial package was today. This is a copy of letter sent to Richmond from Hastings received by us today. I have taken names out etc. Sorry it is so long.

Dear Madam,

I am instructed that there are a number of factual inaccuracies in your letter. Richmond has had longstanding and substantial involvement with Mrs .... Children. While Mrs.....was known to be terminally ill, legal and social services in Richmond assisted her to make a will which, among other things, made the Applicant: Mrs...... A's guardian in the vent of her death.

Following Mrs.........death, A's care was passed to the aunt who were offered
doris

Help 1870

Re: Deadline today for financial package

Post by Help 1870 » Sat May 29, 2010 3:25 am

Looks pretty straightforward to me.

Hastings seem to be making a strong case that Richmond is the LA who has financial responsibility for this child and not them.

Piglets-House

Post by Piglets-House » Sat May 29, 2010 7:53 am

Muspark was in a similar position and it is the original LA who pay her SGO allowance not her current one I believe so that may be correct.

Help 1870

Post by Help 1870 » Sat May 29, 2010 2:33 pm

Unless im reading that wrong, at a couple of points Hastings are saying that by (Richmond) discharging their duties to the child they are in fact admitting they had a duty to him in the first place.

Muspark

Post by Muspark » Sat May 29, 2010 4:27 pm

Hi

Hounslow are responsible for the SGO payments until J is 18 on a means tested basis. Jake now resides under Kent County Council.

They also oversee any issues for the first 3 years.

There is going to be a major argument with Hounslow and Kent County Council soon as Jake has been referred to the Social Services Diasabled Child Department to try and get us funding and help with Jake's problems i.e. a nursery placements and possible respite in the future.

I am sure that KCC will argue that Hounslow are responsible for footing any bills.

Watch this space

Help 1870

Post by Help 1870 » Sat May 29, 2010 5:11 pm

It shouldnt be a problem Muspark, he should be treated no different to any other child who would have moved into the area. The circumstances of him moving into the area should not matter.

Are you sure its SS disabled child department, unless its changed over the years, health and development, including special needs nurseries and respite care are run and funded by the Health Authority.

Muspark

Post by Muspark » Sat May 29, 2010 7:12 pm

No, its defo the SS Department for Diasabled Children.. They are the ones with the purse strings according to his Key Worker.

Hounslow have already said it should be OK for KCC to help etc.

mumof3now

Post by mumof3now » Sun May 30, 2010 9:49 am

Hi

I have SGO but received financial support from my LA not the placing LA, as Court ruled that he was residing with us at the point of applying for a SGO, initally placed on IRO by placing authority. It seems to be different each area. In our court case both LA's locked horns and neither initally would commit until the Judge told them to stop being like school children in the playground and sort it out between them.[:D]

Mumof3Now
Mumof3Now