Any Advice or Information would be welcomed Thaxs

Help 1870

Re: Any Advice or Information would be welcomed Thaxs

Post by Help 1870 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:53 am

You could have a chat with the guardian about the traveling distances and the costs involved and say that despite the fact you have been assessed as a foster carer you are still not receiving any financial support from the LA.

shywazz

Post by shywazz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:26 am

Hi all... Firstly the contact with all the 5 children went better than expected, no arguements for as long as i can recall, guess thats with them all seperated now, and just happy to see each other, it was good to get them all together, i still keep getting txts from there mam, about arrangements for me to take the lad i care for up to see her, but the courts and the lad have made it clear theres to be zero contact for the foreseeable future with the mother and step-dad. the nxt hearing is in July... We have filled the application in for fostering the lad and all the forms for the allowances for schooling uniform etc and so forth. the SW has stated we are entitled to fc allowances etc from the date we started to care for him. there have taken all the recipts and have stated that it should take around 14 days to process the payments through there dept. I personnally feel the children are alot happier under there currant family/foster homes, there healthy, more alert, more talkative, so do the SW for each child. The process of us moving to allow the lad his own bedroom, have started, the ss also offered us help if we felt the need to go private while we await the housing assicassion move us, but we declined that offer, for our own reasons, but there have written a support letter to assist the move. We finally gave in to his wants and bought him the xbox elite, which he played over the holidays, now he wants to go live lol which i feel is too soon. but all in all he's really happy and got his head down in the new school, hence why we bought the xbox for him. Seems the ss have now listened to the court guradain, as things seem to have moved at a faster pace since our last meeting together. Lets hope it continues for the lads wel-being. thax for all who replyed.

Muspark

Post by Muspark » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:11 pm

It all sounds like its going in the right direction for you. Well done.

Just one work of caution. Your boy will begin to feel safe and secure with you as time passes. This can mean he starts to test the boundaries with you and can act out. Its a strange way of him testing your commitment but very usual as I am sure a lot of people here will know from past experience!!

Just don't be too shocked if it happens... its actually healthy think x x

PinkladyC

Post by PinkladyC » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:31 am

After 6 weeks of having the children the guardian and LA were pushing us to take out a Residence order or special gaurdianship order. At the time things were really rocky and i refused to talk about any orders at this unsettled time.
However looking back almost 2 years later we still do not have an order and i am pleased with that from the information i have gathered since. The children i have are very complex and needy and without professional intervention we would be in a pickle. If i had an order I would have to challenge professionals to provide services for these children as well as possibly losing some of the family & friends allowance.
Although it can be a pain having LA on your back its worth it to ensure these children get high levels of support, these children need to be in a 'comfortable' place before i will consider taking on PR. The LA doesn't like the fact i think this way because they need to close the case as they think all is ok and sorted, my view is that it takes a long time for abused children to settle and we are still dealing with behaviours from the past. It is importanmt for the LA to continue with their intervention to ensure these children get what they need.

shywazz

Post by shywazz » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:53 pm

Thanks for the replys folks, somewhat what you have said Pink is becomming true, the lad although very polite and helpful, does at times, test the boundries, however i lay downed certain ground rules, wel not rules, but things he must and must not do, and to be truely honest he takes my advice very well, and in a sort of way, looks up to my self/partner and respects what we have + are doing for him and his bro's and sis's ( although there are in other fostering home ) We are awaiting his very 1st tanrum, as one day it will arrive (for whatever reason), its been 10 weeks now since he moved in with us, and hand on heart, he's been good as gold.
I got a e.mail from his socail worker today, the socail services financial processing officer have agreed we are entitled to the foster careres allowance ( not sure of amount, as we live in a differant area as to where the ss are based) , which will be backdated the full 10 wks, also the b/day allowance for the child and school items we bought when he started school, and since he arrived with just the clothing on his back, we gladly kitted him out with serveral new outfits, shoes/trainers etc etc and there have stated there will refund all costs per the recipts we gave them. although we didnt expect to get them costs back, (so we have opted to open a bank account for him, and give him the allowances) for when he does leave home. All this to be credited next friday, as per there e.mail. We didnt take my nepthew in for the monary gain, but to give him a better up-bringing to that he was getting with his parents. But its nice to know that help is there, albeit unknown untill this site found and the assistance of the court gaurdain. We have now completed the application to foster the lad until he reaches adulthood, i guess the application will go towards the courts in the nxt hearing in july, i'm almost sure my sister will appose our application, as she is still in denaile of all whats gone and going on. Thanks all and stay well and happy, chat soon.

aimilgray

Post by aimilgray » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:08 am

shy denial is the name of the game hun. they are the best parents in the world they have been wronged for taking there children,its all our fault the list is endless and goes on for ever more. they can not and will not look in the mirror.you just get used to it and for the most of it ignore it.sometimes it gets under our skin and then we come on here and vent our frustration. good luck to you.xxx

shywazz

Post by shywazz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:53 pm

Hi all.... Just had phone call from SS there have agreed to pay us

Help 1870

Post by Help 1870 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:05 pm

What order is he on?

shywazz

Post by shywazz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:07 pm

HI He's on a intermin care order through the courts, we are in process of completing the fostering applications etc. after speaking in more detail to the s worker, we have been informed, the payment rises after the application has gone to panel etc. So in all we are okay about the fee been paid towards his up-keep, i just wanted to know if the fee was way off whats normally paid for fostering ? Other than that question, we are all doing well, the next ss visit is still on the 22nd where we will gain more info b4 things go to panel.

Help 1870

Post by Help 1870 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:37 pm

Have sent you a private email shywazz,