Any Advice or Information would be welcomed Thaxs

Kate

Re: Any Advice or Information would be welcomed Thaxs

Postby Kate » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:04 am

Hi again shywazz, good to hear from you and to hear how well things are going with your nephew [:)][:D][:)]

shywazz

Postby shywazz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:32 am

Good day to one and all, its been some time since i logged on, and i see there has been some changes done to the site, i struggled to log on on many occassions, but finally managed it, the new lay out looks good, and finding my way round the site is alot better.....

Well we have had a busy year to date, my nepthew is doing great, both in and out of school, he's working hard to pass 11 gcse's which he's coping well with, we have just appiled for him to go to collage, ( how time flies eh ) next year, in all he has and continues to grow into a decent teenager, we have taken care of him for TWO years now, come jan, and putting aside the odd tanrum, he has been great to look after, its good to see him reach his acheivements. :)
His young siblings are now fostered with a family 120 miles away, but at least there were kept together, given there ages, both are also doing very well, we see them 7 times per year with us driving to see them, difficult at times but we desire the lad to maintain his indenty, and keep in touch with his bro and sis, sadly there is NO contact with the mother, by any of the children, at there own request, maybe when there are older, things might change, ( cross that bridge as and when ) :?:

My training continues, although be it, i have to shout for it at times, but i have now been on 6 courses to assit me with the up-bringing of my nepthew, with more pencilled in for next year... :)
We hardly hear or see the sw now, the link worker visits every 3 mths other than that we are left alone to take care of him, which is great...

Oh nearly forgot, the issues i had with my employer, are now resolved, i have been granted 3 days paid leave, per year to attend any training, and am allowed 6 days unpaid leave per year to attend any meetings that might happen. which is more than i expected, i was informed that if i adopted my nepthew, i would receive full parental leave rights, but we are very happy with the way we are classed ie family and friends....

In all everything is going well, and i am pleased to bits how my nepthew is turning out, also his siblings, i dread to think what might of been had nothing been done two tears ago, but thats the past and we continue to look to the future and all the good things that we will share during the up-bringing of him.

Well i'm going to go now, as although little early i have started my christmas gift shop, and more to do today, so until i next log on everyone take care and chat to some of you soon, i do read the posts, and if i can assit anyone i will... ;)

David Roth

Postby David Roth » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:05 pm

Hi shywazz, and welcome back to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear you had some trouble logging on, but thanks for your comments about the new look of the website. If anybody else is reading this who is having difficulties registering or re-joining the forum after our switch, please do drop us an email and we'll do our best to sort it out. You should email FRG Communications officer Yasmin at ychoudhury@frg.org.uk letting her know what the problem is.

It's good to hear that things have been working out so well for you and your nephew, shywazz :D . I think you deserve a big pat on the back for all your efforts and the big difference you have made to this boy's life. It is especially good to hear that you have been able to negotiate an arrangement with your employer that allows you to take some time out for training and meetings.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

Kate

Postby Kate » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:02 pm

Hi Shywazz, good to see you here :) So glad everything is working out so well and David's right, you do deserve a big pat on the back.

I hope more of our old friends will post how things are going nowadays - it can take a bit of time to get used to the new look site but it's worth the effort :D

ied53

Postby ied53 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:50 pm

Can I add my congratulations to the others. And good on your employers, Hard enough to take on little ones but a teenager and to succeed like you have great. :D
Irene
Grandparent carer in Lincolnshire
Tough times never last tough people do

Return to “Archive”