One to keep ane eye on

Robin D

One to keep ane eye on

Post by Robin D » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:50 pm

I don't wish to unsettle anyone but this case in my part of the world is important to us all.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/8095381.stm

Robin

Grandparent carer in Suffolk [:)]
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

mama t

Re: One to keep ane eye on

Post by mama t » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:53 pm

omg i am fighting the father over contact at the moment. i hope to god this has no bearing on my case. thanks for the link robin.

love n light mama t

mama t

Muspark

Post by Muspark » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:57 pm

What can you say to that article really - I feel deeply saddened. There may be more to it I suppose but that child must be in turmoil.

mama t

Post by mama t » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:04 pm

i pray to god that there is more to this case than meets the eye as i have lost 2 grandchildren to adoption i don't think i could cope with looseing another.

love n light mama t

mama t

aimilgray

Post by aimilgray » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:59 pm

for once in my life i am speachless.

cheeko

Post by cheeko » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:50 pm

omg where does that leave my son and i fighting for non biological daughter/g/daughter if this is the case do we just stop now? in court 2moz hope our judge is better

Nana

Post by Nana » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:12 pm

I pray to god my son doesn't see that article. Taking a child from a settled and loving homelife is criminal. I just hope that it doesn't set a precedent. What hope would there be for the rest of us?

Bonnie

Post by Bonnie » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:28 pm

There is always two sides to a story, however the press will only print the basics, this will be to protect the boys identity.

I think some of us will face the possability of our kin children returning to their parents one day. The parents, if they have changed their life around can go to court to prove this to get their children back! It is a worry as many don't change their spots!

In my case, mother was not allowed contact unless she contacted me and it was up to me to make that decission if she did ask. Well, 3 and a half yrs later she has contacted me through Facebook after finding my son on it. I have consented to her writing to the children once a month, suprise, she has kept to this, in return I send her a letter and every 3 months send her photo's, every 6 months I will send her a video.

I have seen photo's of her and her son (half brother to my grandchildren) she has turned her life around, it doesn't mean she her self has changed.

Social services stated that she should never have children in her care, yet they were behind her to keep her baby, it doesnt make sense to me!

My dilema is that eventually she will take me to court and have the ruling over turned. I don't begrudge mum wanting to see her children, its the children that matter and their decission to make when they are older if they wish to see her or not.
I know dad will then chip in to gain custody but as yet all he has done is get a new girlfriend who is now living with him, so I feel it will be between mum and myself! I have no money to fight in court if she does, but she maybe able to get legal aid.

People who are not in our situation really do not understand every thing we have to go through do they, it's never really over is it?

(((H U G S )))
(((H U G S )))

Nana

Post by Nana » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:43 am

You are so right Bonnie, it's never really over and never can be for most of us. It's a sad fact that our g/children can be used as pawns by birth parents for many many years. And those parents because of their abscence can become idols in the child's eyes I am sure we all know from experience how teenagers blame their parents for everything where does that leave us when our g/children become teenagers? It scares me that my g/son could be influenced by negativity and untruths by his parents when he is older. I just hope I bring him up well enough to recognise the truth. This is another reason I think support groups are a good idea if only to give each other moral support when things do get tough as well as giving us a social network for the good times.
Nana

old bear

Post by old bear » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:25 am

i read this article through several times and just can't make sense of it ~ it doesn't make sense, does it? i know there must be more to the story, but i can't think of anything that would make it all right.
is there any way we can contact this grandmother, to give her our support, and any suggestions to keep her grandson? they must both be devastated.
old bear