pensions/working tax credits

winni

pensions/working tax credits

Post by winni » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:46 am

I am 58 years old and love my job as a Teaching Assistant. However I am finding it harder and harder to keep myself motivated.As most of you know the emotional stress of coping with the endless havoc and chaos some parents cause is extremely wearing.I have a 15yearold (late baby) and my g/d of five to contend with too. [;)]Therefore I am becoming more inclined to retire early. Without my wage we could claim working tax credit and our income would be likely to remain the same. However I am unsure as to what would happen when I receive my pension in 2009.Does anyone know whether my hubby can claim working family tax credit whilst I am receiving a pension? Another unusual situation which doesn't seem to be covered in the general information sheet [:0]
Has anyone else have experience of this.Opinions on views of people who have stopped working early and if they have any regrets would be welcom too.

win
win