Sgo different towns policys

nanasbutterflys

Sgo different towns policys

Postby nanasbutterflys » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:52 am

Hi im wondering if i can get some advice on sgo allowance.. my gd was placed iat the age of 2 as she was living with mum previously in br She was removed by ss at the age of 7 and after having all the relevant assesments placed within my family under a sgo ss were very difficult to deal with through this time and we had to keep on to receive any finacial help,even after receiving sgo it was 2 months before they started paying us a means tested payment...our question is would we be able to transfer our payments to br ss as thats where we live and gd is under a supervision order with them,, as we are worried that when it gets to 2 years we are going to have difficulty in getting payments from them again as this always seems a hard subject for them lol.any advice would be great.
Last edited by nanasbutterflys on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

nanasbutterflys

Re: Sgo different towns policys

Postby nanasbutterflys » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:55 am

Forgot to say when she was placed in ss were paying her allowance. :
Last edited by nanasbutterflys on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

ied53

Re: Sgo different towns policys

Postby ied53 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:39 pm

Hello, I strongly advise you remove the town details as this could identify you . The child remains the responsibility of the LA that placed them and not where you live, Regardless of who pays you the allowance is means tested annually though potentially payable until age 18, . So it is very unlikely they would agree to that.
Irene
Grandparent carer in Lincolnshire
Tough times never last tough people do

Return to “Archive”