Possible corruption

Cymro33

Possible corruption

Post by Cymro33 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:10 am

I'm looking for advice in regard to a social worker who's dealing with a child arrangement order/ child protection.
My friends is currently going through a divorce, her ex husband has also applied for sole custody of their children. He has openly said from day one that he is out to make her life a misery and he will use any underhand tactics possible. Him knowing of her new partners history of domestic violence, he has reported her to social services stating his concern for his children. In his complaint he has accused her partner of abusing there children.
On the arrival of social services who obviously found the new partners criminal record indicating a past guilty plea of domestic violence, a child assessment was ordered, and a social worker was appointed to work with their family and also the ex husband.
My friend and partner feel intimidated by this social worker who appears to have taken an instant dislike to them. My friend has claimed that he has lied in the reports about them and their family life, and also has done false statements for the children. He has repeated continually that "they will loose the children" and has favoured her ex husband from the start.
The children said in their statement that they wanted to stay with their mother, however the social worker has put in the statement that they wish to be with their father. When interviewing the children he accused them of swearing which they are adamant they did not do. They claim that they where told off by the social worker, then asked if they were aware of what happened to children who lie, before finishing his questioning with 'don't tell your mother'.
My friend is to scared to come forward and make a complaint about this social worker, his constant reminders of "her going to loose her children" has scared her half to death, the children are also uncomfortable in his presence. During all this time, her ex husband has been shouting 'abuse' from his end resulting on further investigations 24/7. All children deny their fathers complaints, they adore their mothers partner and have no issue with him and no complaints of abuse of any kind.
During the child assessment my friend and her partner were ordered to separate, and this they did in an instant.
However, my friend also has a child with her new partner and they have been caught breaking the rule of the child assessment when he was found to be at her home one afternoon. The ex husband was told and threw more accusations which resulted in social services applying for a child protection plan that gave them parental rights in order to be able to remove the children if they thought the children were at immediate risk.
It has been evident that throughout this process, my friend and her partner had no clear idea as to what exactly was happening, their social worker has not been keeping them informed or advising them on what to do. The children have made claims of late night visits made by the social worker to their fathers house whilst they are there at the weekends. Last week it all came to ahead with my friend stood in the family court being told her children were being taken from her, to be placed in the care of their father, and her youngest child who's the child of her partner was to be taken into temporary foster care. And this is what happened that day on leaving the court.
My questions are, how can the ex husband be aloud to care for their children when he has a long string of domestic violence charges from when they were married? This clearly is the issue that social services had with her new partner who has 1 offence wich he held his hands up too at the time? Is that not 'outing the children at risk?
Most alarming of all, we have just been informed that this social worker who has felt with this whole case happens to be a close friend of the ex husband, they live in the same town and have been close friends over the last couple of years. This is something my friend had thought throughout because he was clearly bias throughout the whole thing, had a clear dislike to her and her partner and did not even hide the fact that he favoured her ex husband. This would likely be the cause of his false statements that her claimed the children had claimed. Is this aloud? Shouldn't their friendship have prevented him from being suitable to work on this case? My friend has been left in a mess, this has all happened in a flash and put her in a complete spin, she is also heavily pregnant and the stress has affected the baby who is now monitored daily due to being lethargic and hardly moving. This family need help, surely this shouldn't have happened, surely this man should never have had full rains on this case.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Possible corruption

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:50 am

Dear Cymro33,

This forum is for friends and family carers of children placed with them.
Instead, can you re- post on the Parents Forum here .
Thank you.

Best wishes,

Suzie

Cymro33

Re: Possible corruption

Post by Cymro33 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:55 pm

Sorry Suzie. Will do thanks