please could you give me more advice urgently

millie

please could you give me more advice urgently

Post by millie » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:34 pm

Hi following my recent post about my two grandchildren we are due in court in Thursday. My daughter has received as phone call tonight by a private investigator that has been instructed by social services to find the children's birth fathers ( none of them are on the birth certificate s) Why is thus ?

David Roth

Re: please could you give me more advice urgently

Post by David Roth » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:25 pm

As far as I am aware, it is unusual for local authorities to hire a private investigator for this kind of work. However, if this is what they have done, then I presume that the aim is to find out whether the fathers are aware that they have children, and whether they are a realistic option for bringing the children up. The local authority does have a legal obligation to make placement with parents the first option for any child who is looked after.

I would always be wary of people you don't know phoning up out of the blue and asking for personal information. I would suggest that your daughter checks with the local authority that they have commissioned this person before she provides him with any information.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser