child protection.

Eunice

child protection.

Post by Eunice » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:29 am

My grandson has been put under protection.All his mother has done is swear at him.okay ,five times she has been reported,which some people might think bad.but he has had no broken bones in the three years she has had him,and even the social admit he is doted on.I am broken hearted at how they are treating a forty year old woman.walking into her house at any time,having to give them her address if she is away from home,and numerous meetings,also they keep going into school and talking to him doing their best to pin something more on her.Anyway now they want to interview us,his grandparents.Can they force us to go to this meeting?we are in our seventies and both in ill health.Apart from the fact i will lose my temper with this obnoxious woman.She threatens she will take the boy away if we don't go to the meeting.The child is five and is adopted.

Celle

Re: child protection.

Post by Celle » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:52 pm

Swearing at a child badly enough to have been reported 5 times is emotional abuse. Physical harm is not the only harm that can be done to a child.

I know that you are upset but, honestly, this has to be fully investigated. The authorities would be deficient in their duties if they did not do a full investigation. I'm not saying this is the case here, but sometimes the investigation does reveal that more than verbal abuse is happening in the privacy of a home.

It's your grandchild's welfare that is important, so If you want to have the best outcome for him, follow Irene's advice and co-operate fully with the authorities.

David Roth

Re: child protection.

Post by David Roth » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:47 pm

You or your the child's mother may find it useful to join our discussion forum for parents, here: http://www.frg.org.uk/ParentsForum/
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser