Psychological assessment

Devotedgrandma

Psychological assessment

Post by Devotedgrandma » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi, as I have posted before my hubby and I are just completing our family and friends assessment which assessor says is all positive and can't see reason why panel(hopefully in couple weeks) would refuse us, if it gets to panel are they likely to refuse, also I've just recieved call to,say that our next contact with grandson at our house will not only have contact worker but a psychologist. I knew they were assessing grandson as they think he may be on the autistic spectrum but the psychologist says he's also looking at our attachment and vice versa. Is this quite normal. We have a dry good attachment and vice versa but what will he be looking for as so nervous in case they say something, could this alter panel etc. All our contact have always been really positive and say how much bond we have and happy grandson is when with us.
Any help useful

Devotedgrandma

Re: Psychological assessment

Post by Devotedgrandma » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:54 pm

Thanks, I'm just so scared, grandson nearly 4 and he's spent every weekend with us since birth apart from being in care and he has never wanted to go back home even before was in care. Can I ask if you had to fill in a skills to,foster training booklet and courses