special gardianship

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:43 am

special gardianship

Post by coolmum60 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:24 pm

Can grand parents that are disabled and recovering binge drinkers apply for one

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 647
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:25 am

Re: special gardianship

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:23 pm

Dear coolmum60,

Welcome to the Friends and Family Carers Forum!

Here is our advice sheet about Special guardianship orders which sets out in detail what special guardianship orders are and how to apply for one.

The answer to your question is yes- they can apply for special guardianship orders but whether any grandparent will be successful is dependent on the circumstances of the case and what is in the best interests of the child or children.

Children services will be involved with this type of court application because 3 months’ notice needs to be given to them and they will carry out an in-depth assessment for the court.

What made you post on this forum?

Best wishes

Post Reply