positive assesment help needed

mamma

Re: positive assesment help needed

Post by mamma » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:51 pm

so how did you have unsupervised contact? was this before you was assessed or after ?

mamma

Post by mamma » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:32 pm

just shows how different area L/A and S/W work, but i will be asking more questions that for sure

mamma

Post by mamma » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:25 pm

really happy for you and wish i was you and with my g/s right now x

mamma

Post by mamma » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:57 am

thankyou, will let you know how i get on wednesday at panel

mamma

Post by mamma » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:42 pm

i just got a funny feeling even if i win the panel ove. s.w will want to wait till final hearing in june god im frustrated

mamma

Post by mamma » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:40 pm

panel been cancelled, there hoping to get me in next week so frustrated

mamma

Post by mamma » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:15 pm

i know, i took g/s parents to contact today, its not my day so sat with foster carer, talked for a hour about my g/s also found out hes been taken of the twin track so i taking that means hes defo not being adopted

mamma

Post by mamma » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:55 am

face the panel today got butterflies another step over but havnt won the war yet

mamma

Post by mamma » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:54 am

sorry i didnt let you all know the outcome, ive been very down as although assessor has now given me a positive, i got 1 yes 1 no and 3 defers again, for me to work with assessor and s/w together. s/w was disheartened as he was ready to set up the meeting for my g/s to live with me untill finals decistions in june. i lost my fight for a while but i know i have to do everything i can to get/keep my g/s out of care. Minutes still not back so no clue what they want from me now

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:33 am

Dear Mama,

I am sorry to hear that no decision has yet been about your grandson living with you.

I am glad that the assessor and social worker are on your side-that must be half the battle.

I can see that you are also waiting for the minutes-to get an idea what the panel want. You should also speak to the social worker and assessor-maybe they can outline in writing what the panel are looking for.

Here is our advice sheet about friends and family carers being assessed as foster carers If you have not yet done so, it might be worth having a quick look through that and seeing what is expected in a fostering assessment.

Sometimes, there can be flexibility given to friends and family carers over stranger foster carers.

You could also contact Fosterline for advice.

There are other legal ways that children can come to relatives, if you do not pass the fostering assessment. For example, a special guardianship order or a child arrangements order .

Are you attending the court hearings? As a grandparent, you will not automatically be a party to the care proceedings so will not be able to go into the court room (unless invited to by the judge). However, most of the negotiations happen outside and it will be a chance to meet your grandsons guardian if you have not already done so.

What about applying to be joined as a party to the court proceedings? Have you considered this option? You could contact our advice line to discuss this or seek legal advice from a solicitor who is accredited by the Law Society to undertake children law proceedings.

Have a look at the Law society-find a solicitor.

Please post back if you have any questions at all and keep fighting!

Best wishes,

Suzie