positive assesment help needed

mamma

Re: positive assesment help needed

Post by mamma » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:21 pm

Hi suzie,thankyou for your reply. the judge has let me into the court, for his finding at the fact hearing. I feel the judge s not happy with the time scales the L/A are setting taking to long to do tasks. i have met the guardian. in a lack review meeting.ive spoke to s/w and assessor minutes arnt back yet been 4 weeks now. i just want to get started with what ever they want me to do now. s/w seems to think they may want me to answer question from a s/w rther than a fostering view.my sons solicitor is good to me if i need to say anything to the judge she does it for me or passes my letters on

mamma

Post by mamma » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:19 am

can anyone give me any ideas of why the panel would now wont me to work with both the assessor and s/w ?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:16 pm

Dear mamma

It is very good news that you have had some positive outcome from panel although it appears there are still some areas in which improvements or further work is required.

Regarding your question as to why the panel want you to work with the assessor and the social worker, it seems to me that whatever the concerns were for the deferred responses, you need to address these working with the assessor and the social worker. Once you have done what is expected of you it is more likely that you will have the full approval of the panel on the next occasion.

You will no doubt be made aware of exactly what you are required to do either from the minutes when you receive them or from the social worker and assessor.

My advice is that you continue to cooperate and work with the social worker and assessor so you can have the outcome you want for your grandchild. I have included our advice sheet about family and friends becoming foster carers for your information.

Should you wish to speak to an Adviser, please do telephone our advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open Monday to Friday from 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.

Best wishes,

Suzie

mamma

Post by mamma » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:28 pm

hi suzie thankyou for the reply, im so confused by it all, the social worker was all set, to set up meeting with all advacotes last time i went to panel thinking id be approved. i think there thinking on the long term rather than the now, as i feel there thinking that maybe g/s will be returned to b/p but as me as support. what do you think ???? could this explain why im now working with both parties ? ive never had copies of any of the minutes, i know there back but i keep ringing and no one is getting back to me

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:00 pm

Dear mamma

I am sorry that you are still confused by the situation as it seems you were getting one message from the social worker but something different happened at panel.

The assessor may well be considering different aspect of you caring for the child so that is why you are required to work with both. It appears that there are no difficulties where the social worker is concerned so I suggest that you continue cooperating as you have been doing. Do not get disheartened.

Regarding long term plans, Children Services will always do what is called twin track or parallel planning. They do have to consider the possibility of a child being reunited with parents as well as other possible carers if the parents are not able to care for the child.

It is a long process but the child’s welfare is the main consideration so you will understand that they are trying to get it right so that a long term placement has good prospects for success.

I suggest that you hang in there and keep sight of what is best the child and how you will be able to help either as a full time care of supporting the parents.

Hope all will go well when you next go to Panel.

If you wish to speak to an adviser, please do telephone our advice line on 0808 808 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. Monday to Friday.

Best wishes,

Suzie

mamma

Post by mamma » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:41 am

just spoke to the help line got great advice as a;ways, spoke to asseror and s/w got a meeting in the morning. they are now thinking on the lines of not taking me back to panel but going straight for a sgo ready for the final cort date in june
thankyou all for advice it means my g/s wont be coming to me now before the final hearing witch was my aim nearly a year ago. but hoping with assessor and s/w on my side he will defo not be adopted

mamma

Post by mamma » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:20 pm

had meeting today they both said theres nothng else they feel i can or be asked, there satisfied that my g/s will be safe with me. they are going to get all paper work ready just incse my g/s isnt returned to b/p roll on the 1st june

mamma

Post by mamma » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:49 am

just the judge and guardian to agree now, they said they have a meeting on the 16th may to make a care plan, then theres a advacates meeting on the 26th may when will we know there plans ?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:57 am

Hi Mamma,

That is really good news! Well done-I know how much hard work you have put in as well.

Suzie

devoteduncle

Post by devoteduncle » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:49 pm

Great news! Nice to hear of success stories on this forum, not giving up hope.