renewal of fostering registration/review

celtic

renewal of fostering registration/review

Post by celtic » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:52 am

Hi there, please can someone let me know whether you can delay a review of registration or not ?

Robin D

Re: renewal of fostering registration/review

Post by Robin D » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:32 am

Hi Celtic and welcome.

I'm afraid I don't really understand your question? Do mean the annual review under regulation 29 of National Minimum Standards for Foster Care and Fostering Service Regulations 2002?

If so, the regulation is clear in that it states:
2. A review shall take place not more than a year after approval and thereafter whenever the fostering service provider considers it necessary, but at intervals of not more than a year

Therefore the fostering provider would be in breach of that regulation were they not to conduct a review.

If that was not your question, please repost with a little more information.

Best wishes ..... Robin
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

celtic

Post by celtic » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:42 pm

Robin D wrote:Hi Celtic and welcome.

I'm afraid I don't really understand your question? Do mean the annual review under regulation 29 of National Minimum Standards for Foster Care and Fostering Service Regulations 2002?

If so, the regulation is clear in that it states:
2. A review shall take place not more than a year after approval and thereafter whenever the fostering service provider considers it necessary, but at intervals of not more than a year

Therefore the fostering provider would be in breach of that regulation were they not to conduct a review.

If that was not your question, please repost with a little more information.

Best wishes ..... Robin
Hi Robin, forgive me if this is not the right place to reply.....yes, that was the question and the answer you provided was great thanks. Our situation is complex and I'm sure I will be seeking more advice in the near future. It's so good to know that you have honest people to talk to on here- cheers pal.

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:19 pm

The answer will also depend where you live. Robin provided the correct answer for England, but if you live in one of the 'Celtic' nations (Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland) then there are different regulations in force. I just thought this worth noting, in case your name is a clue to where you live. Of course, if you live in the Celtic county of Cornwall, the English regulations will apply.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser