ICPCC after Section 47

worriedmum

ICPCC after Section 47

Post by worriedmum » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:57 am

My 6 year old son has gone to school and said I hit him, on occasions with a stick as a form of punishment for bad behavior.

Social worker called me to school and my son and daughter were medically examined. There were two bruises one on the face and another on the right forearm. School acknowledges the face bruise happened during school time when another child hit my son with a tennis racket. The second bruise was not explained properly from school, we strongly believe this bruise is also caused by the tennis racket incident.
I was arrested by the police and the “wooden cane” was looked at by the police and was granted pre-charge bail.

Now both my son and daughter (2 years) in Forster care under section 20.
Social worker is carrying out a Section 47 core assessment and our Initial Child Protection Case Conference is planned for the 27th February.

Both myself and my husband loves our children dearly and I acknowledge that I smack my son occasionally to discipline him, but this by no means could be classed as physical abuse.
We have never had problems in the past with police or with anybody for that matter, healthy, financially very stable; my son is a very good pupil at school never had issues in school for the 2 1/2 years at school.

We have made it clear to the social worker that we would work with them best to get our children back, and we have had a very good working relationship with our social worker.

Worried about the ICPCC, please let us know your thoughts as what to expect at this meeting. Do we need to take our solicitor as well, etc.

worriedmum

Help 1870

Re: ICPCC after Section 47

Post by Help 1870 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:40 am

Hi there worried mum. You might be better posting on the FRG forum that is specifically for parents.

http://www.frg.org.uk/ParentsForum/

This board is for family and friends carers so unfortunately cannot offer you the best advice.

worriedmum

Re: ICPCC after Section 47

Post by worriedmum » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:27 pm

Ok will do, Thanks