Assessment questions

Nannyof5

Assessment questions

Post by Nannyof5 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi :)
We have just passed our viability assessment to possibly care for our granddaughter
Absolutely stressing about the questions they are going to ask during the full assessment?
I've been married for 28 years we've got 8 children together and 4 other grandchildren. Never had social services involved.
This is all so new to us!

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Assessment questions

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:48 am

Dear Nannyof5

Welcome to the Family and Friends’ Carers discussion board and thanks for your post. Congratulations on passing your viability assessment.

Ied53 has already given you a very good idea of what to expect in a fuller assessment. You may also find it helpful to have a look at a couple of our advice sheets which will tell you more about being assessed as a family and friends foster carer: Family and Friends Care: becoming a foster carer and as a Special Guardian DIY Special Guardianship Orders - information for family and friends carers. Also do take a look at Support for relatives and friends who are looking after someone else’s child and Social security support for relatives and friends looking after someone else’s child.

You don’t mention if there are care proceedings in relation to your granddaughter but if there are you may also want to think about applying to be allowed to participate in the case as a party to the proceedings and you can find out more about this in Care (and related) proceedings.

Please do post again if you have any further queries as your assessment proceeds or ring the Freephone advice line on 0808 8010366 Mon- Fri 9.30 – 3.00 if you would like to speak to an adviser.

Hope it all goes well.

Best wishes

Suzie

SK64SK

Post by SK64SK » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:04 pm

Hi My parenting assessment i believe not to be completed i kept the written work id done in court document prepared by assessing social worker has me as an only child im not and family members missing on my family tree. My solicitor asked at court for parenting assessment never received was surposed to made available at 2nd court hearing . I had a phycologist do an assment on unbalanced report writting given to the phycologist i came out with a severe personality disorder. Recomendation I have 13 months phycotheapy My GP refutes it as says i wont be able to access mental health as ive no previous mental health problems. 2017 due to DV i had 20 weeks councelling through my GP no personality disorder was diagnosed then been back to councelling services who now send me back to GP to see if i can acess secondary mental health which my GP says i show no concerns for referral i have to demonstrate i am working with SS my daughter is with foster carer section 20. My son has been placed with father interim order. My son had accident was in A&E social services never informed me i have PR for S**** joint with my exhusband. I asked for time of accident and hospital still waiting. Isolated incident SS say. Under the data protection act ive asked for copies of documentation. The social worker doesnt reply to emails or return calls both my children are adopted one has behaviours that she needs help with she has made alligations against her parents she has an attachment disorder ive been asking for help every door gets closed ive been a childcare practitioner all my life and worked as a foster carer being on tbe other side is frightening what i am witnessing i have the ability to challenge i experience a corrupt service this is a big ice burg that needs exposure i have kept a time line i want is someone to help listen advise Thank you

*** edited by Suzie to comply with the friend and family board's rules about confidentiality.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:00 pm

Dear SK64SK,

Welcome to Family Rights Group discussion boards.

This discussion board is for friends and family carers.

As you are a parent you should instead post on the Parents Board where you can get support form other parents as well as FRG's on line advisers.

Best wishes,

Suzie