Viability assessment positive, what next, how is the procedure?

NanSy

Viability assessment positive, what next, how is the procedure?

Post by NanSy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:12 pm

Dear all,

I am here because I need some advice urgently. I am the grandmother of a wonderful baby granddaughter who has been taken into foster care in summer due to a interim care order.
Apparently she was harmed in her parents house. Had spent some time in hospital and was straight from there placed into foster care. We are living abroad.

Now, I dare say we only are given limited information. Start of August this year we underwent a viability assessment which came back positive. Since then we only were asked in September to provide numbers of passport and national id. Nothing else, LA wanted to find out how about the other checks which need to be done normally.

To cut a long story short, next week the final court case is taking place. Starting on Monday at 9:00am and will be the whole week?

I asked my son, the father if they had to undergo psychological assessments and he said only with a social worker, not a psychiatrist/ psychologist. Is that always like this.

What do we have to expect? What will happen next Daughter in law and son see their daughter three times a week 1,5 hours.

Please can someone tell me how this is working, what we will have to expect? I have no one else to turn to.

Thank you for your reply in advance.

Kind regards,

NanSy

NanSy

Re: Viability assessment positive, what next, how is the procedure?

Post by NanSy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:52 pm

Perhaps this post is in the wrong place.

But we were surprised today by a letter from the local authorities in our country which were contacted by the court in the UK regarding the care for our granddaughter. We will have an appointment tomorrow morning with them. I am not nervous but now something seems to be happening.

Anyone any advices, any suggestions, what happens next after that?

Thank you very much.

NanSy

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:37 pm

Dear NanSy

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Board.

I am sorry to hear of your difficult family situation especially because you say that you are not in the United Kingdom at this time.

The first starting point I think is to review our advice sheets so that you can get a better idea of how the court process works in relation to your granddaughter.

Our advice sheet about care and related proceedings will be useful for you. If the long term plan is for your granddaughter to live with you, then our sheets about special guardianship orders and what they mean for birth parents are relevant.

I hope the sheets will be useful.

Best wishes,

Suzie

Mummytotwo

Post by Mummytotwo » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:09 pm

If
Your assessments has come back positive .. come court date you could be granted guardianship.

Local authority are normally happy once you have passed everything.

I was told once you are granted there will be a 5-7 day transition before they are handed over into your care.

We are going through this now. All our assessments were positive now it's just waiting court date.