Who is the project for?
We will help relatives and friends who want to apply for a legal order to secure an arrangement to care for someone else’s child but cannot get legal aid to do so. This will often be as an alternative to the child entering the care system or in some cases it may be to enable a child to leave the care system.
What will the advice cover?
We will be running monthly surgeries, staffed by experienced volunteer lawyers, at Hackney Law Centre (East London) to
- • Advise clients on the legal options of caring for someone else’s child, including the implications for accessing support services
• Help clients to complete court application forms to apply for Child Arrangements (for the child to live with them) or Special Guardianship Orders
• Prepare a statement on the client’s behalf (where necessary)
• Advise on the court process
How to refer yourself:
- live in London
- are a grandparent, aunt, uncle, brother, sister or other relative or friend, wanting to apply for a legal order to be able to look after someone else’s child and
- cannot get legal aid
please call Dorett White on 02079232628 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form online here.