party to the proceedings

nana2b

party to the proceedings

Post by nana2b » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:12 pm

OMG GOOD NEWS i HOPE THERE ARE HEARING MY APPLICATION TO BECOME A PARTY TO THE PROCEEDINGS. :D
I dont know what will happen but hopefully some people on here will be able to enlighten me. :idea:

nana2b

Re: party to the proceedings

Post by nana2b » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:54 pm

Well was not allowed to be party to the proceedings yet we have got to have an assessment, which means we will have to travel the 300 miles to the area where gs is for a 2 day assessment by social worker. Not sure what this will involve but would like to know if anybody could enlighten us on what to expect and give us any ideas on how to give the best impression, do we take letters of support, letters about our family situation, letters about us generally or do we just turn up and just wait to be asked questions.
We are at a loss as to what is expected of us and what to be ready to answer.
Hope somebody can help us so we are not going in with totally no idea.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:56 pm

One word of caution about being 'party to the proceedings' - our case required birth parents to undergo all kinds of psychological testing and reports, at a significant cost. Thankfully, we 'joined' the case after these reports had been order, but if we hadn't, we would have been liable to share in those costs, even though we only joined to that we could be very well informed ready for our special guardianship application.

That said, it sounds like a great step forward for you, which is great news - best of luck.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi nana2b,

I am so glad that you are going to be assessed as carers.

Have a look at our advice sheet about assessing friends and family as foster carers
This should hopefully answer most of your questions but do post back if it doesn’t.

Best wishes,
Suzie