Tester

Kate

Tester

Post by Kate » Wed May 09, 2012 12:33 am

I've replied three times now to LLB's post in hot topics and it won't post, so am just trying this to see if it comes up or not ...

Kate

Re: Tester

Post by Kate » Wed May 09, 2012 12:35 am

it went thro as normal - strange.

In the hope that LLB reads this, I'll say here what I tried to post, which was basically: good to have your feedback LLB, and what you said made perfect sense to me. I especially found the various examples of subject headings a help :)

LLB

Post by LLB » Wed May 09, 2012 10:21 am

Kate wrote:it went thro as normal - strange.

In the hope that LLB reads this, I'll say here what I tried to post, which was basically: good to have your feedback LLB, and what you said made perfect sense to me. I especially found the various examples of subject headings a help :)

Hi. I have read your response. I agree that subject headings are good for those looking for information but I then I have to admit that I don't have the time and sometimes the inclination to search through the other headings which is why I preferred the old board because it was a conversation board rather than an information board.

For instance I have only been looking and posting recently under the Finance heading because that is going on in our life right now. At the same time, I might have missed something, and probably have, where something of our massive experiences might have helped someone else.

The conversations we use to have were often linked to many areas of the situations we find ourselves in. So I feel that we could all be missing out on the chance to help others. We need to see and hear each other in conversations instead of hopping from one heading to another.

Sorry to all of those who have put in so much work on the new board. I see the need for subject headings for information but in doing this the flow of conversation is lost with others on the board.

I would also find it difficult as a new user to know which of my problems to priorities so that I can enter the problem under a particular heading. A new user probably needs immediate support in numerous areas and is looking for friends.

Kate

Post by Kate » Thu May 10, 2012 12:57 am

Hi LLB

I agree with all you say. I didn't express myself clearly - I much preferred the way the old boards were organised rather than the folders are they are now.