Changing the forum: a suggestions box

Robin D

Re: Changing the forum: a suggestions box

Post by Robin D » Wed May 09, 2012 12:01 pm

I fully understand where you are coming from on this.

I'm not sure that PHP natively supports auto-tagging but I'm sure there's a plug in somewhere. The way it works is that the user just posts, and the autotag scans the post for key words and then indexes it accordingly and tags it. So the same post may well appear in several subsections, as well as being visible in the full list of current posts. If someone arrives that is then specifically interested in 'Finance' for example they click on the 'Finance' tag and it displays a list of all relevant posts that include any of the 'words' under the 'Finance' tag.

Robin
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

David Roth

Re: Changing the forum: a suggestions box

Post by David Roth » Wed May 16, 2012 11:30 am

Thanks for all these comments and suggestions. We will bear them all in mind when we come to reviewing the way the forum works. Your preference for a 'front page' with the most recent discussions that have comments in them is noted.

I appreciate that the folders haven't quite been working as intended. They were intended to provide people with an easy way to find past discussions that might be relevant to their current situation. However, as you have pointed out it has taken away some of the immediacy of the discussions by making it harder to find the current discussion topics & threads.

Please do keep the comments coming.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser