Making the board better!

Forum Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Making the board better!

Post by Forum Administrator » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:59 pm

Hi Kate

I'm glad making the text bigger has made a difference to you.

With regards to making text bigger on facebook - a way to resolve this and this works for all web pages is to use the zoom feature (bottom right hand corner of your screen) if you are using internet explorer which allows you to enlarge the whole of the browser window to whatever size is most convenient for you.

If you are not using internet explorer please refer to: http://www.rnib.org.uk/aboutus/aboutthi ... wsers.aspx.

Regards

Yasmin

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:38 pm

The other way of doing that works with all browsers I'm aware of but only if you have a wheel mouse (a mouse with middle button that is actually a wheel that you can spin fore and back). Hold down the Ctrl button and roll the wheel up to make it bigger and down to make smaller.

You will find this also works in many graphics packages as well as Word, Excel etc.

Robin
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

Forum Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Forum Administrator » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:46 pm

Great tip Robin!

I've learnt something new.

Yasmin

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:04 pm

LOL. I could say one is never too old to learn, but as I've met you and know you are much younger than me, that's probably not right! :lol:
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

Kate

Post by Kate » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:02 pm

Wow, thank you thank you Yasmin and Robin! I found a combination works. I do use a wheelmouse (find it much better than a laptop touchpad mouse) but don't usually use explorer as I'm on AOL. Couldn't get anything to work via AOL so went to fbk via explorer and using Ctrl with the wheel works. I cannot believe I've tortured my eyes with that miniscule print for so long! Facebook (and other sites) will be so much better now :D :D

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:57 am

The feature was introduced in 1994 with Windows 95, but very few people know about it. Windows 7 supports a smoother zoom but needs an enhanced wheel mouse with more 'notches' to work properly.

Kate

Post by Kate » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:28 pm

Robin I can't believe this has been around for so long - could have saved my poor protesting eyes so much trouble! It really should be given better publicity. Thanks again :D

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:10 pm

What do people think about the idea of reducing the number of folders?

Do you find the number of folders off-putting? We thought it would make it easier to navigate the site, but perhaps it has become more difficult - too much choice!

If we were to cut down the number of folders to say between four and six, do you have any ideas for the categories we could use?

Thanks for your suggestion so far.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

Forum Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Forum Administrator » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:47 pm

You may have received emails from Family Rights Group notifying you when there was a new posting on the Family and Friends Carers discussion board. We initially set this up so you were kept up to minute about any topics of interest. However having evaluated this feature we concluded it would be best for users of the board to choose whether they wanted to receive these emails rather than them automatically being sent.

If you wish to carry on receiving these notification emails you can do this yourself once you have logged in by going to:

1) User Control Panel (top left hand tab on the purple header)
2) Board preferences
3) Edit post notification options.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Help 1870

Post by Help 1870 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:32 pm

Kate wrote:

Off-topic but if anyone knows how to make facebook print larger I'd love to know because I don't use it as much as I would if I could actually see the print properly :roll:
Kate, Hold down your Ctrl button (bottom left of your keyboard) and tap the + key. (top row to the right) That should make your font easier to read.

If you go to far you can make the font smaller again by Ctrl and -

And if you want I can tell you how to turn your screen upside down too, ;) :D