FRG website: possible short-term disruption

David Roth

FRG website: possible short-term disruption

Post by David Roth » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:20 pm

Family Rights Group's website is going to go through a big change soon. Over the last few weeks, all of us who work here have been working away on re-writing and updating a lot of the pages, and the website will be given a new look.

The change to the new website is likely to start tomorrow (Thursday 27th October) at about 3pm. From that time, people coming to the FRG website will be getting re-directed to the new website, which has a different design.

The bad news is that this might be a bit wobbly (to use a technical term) for a few days.

So if you try to come to the forum or visit the website, you might find it difficult to log on for a little while.

We hope that the wobbles will have stopped by Monday, and we hope you will like our new website when you see it :D . It is a bit cleaner and less cluttered than the website is at the moment. It should be easier to find your way to a particular section.

If you do have a problem that you urgently need to get some advice about in the meantime, then please do phone or email our advice service. You can phone 0808 801 0366 from 9.30-3.30 Monday to Friday, or email advice@frg.org.uk any time.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

Robin D

Re: FRG website: possible short-term disruption

Post by Robin D » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:13 pm

David Roth wrote:.. might be a bit wobbly (to use a technical term)
:lol: :lol: I'll add that one to my technical dictionary David. It's made my day. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:57 am

ied53 wrote:I tick the sign me in automatically box but I have to log in each time why? Is it a wobble :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Me too. I think its probably a cookie issue but I've not had the time to delve.
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:54 am

This happens to me as well.

I will ask about it, but I suspect our technical support are going to be giving most of their time to the transfer to the new website over the next few days, so I may not get an answer until after the move.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:27 am

Love the new FRG site.So much fresher. :D

Forum Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Forum Administrator » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:01 am

Thanks Robin!

When you have a moment, try our new interactive digital advice service for those who wish to or who are caring for a friend or relative's child. Please keep an eye out for any errors or broken links and let me know what you think.

http://www.frg.org.uk/need-help-or-advi ... nformation.

Thanks again Robin for your support and helpful suggestions in improving the board/site. I will hopefully address the issues with the board shortly.

Yasmin
(Family Rights Group)

Forum Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Forum Administrator » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:02 am

Thanks Irene.

Glad you like the new site!

Yasmin
(Family Rights Group)