Update to this forum

David Roth

Update to this forum

Post by David Roth » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:06 pm

Family Rights Group's discussion forum for family and friends carers is going to be given a new look in the near future.

You may have noticed the new Parents Discussion Forum, which has a different design from the other FRG forums. Work is underway at the moment on updating this forum in a similar way.

You might remember that I have posted threads in the past to consult with forum users about how this forum could be updated
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

Robin D

Re: Update to this forum

Post by Robin D » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:25 pm

Good news David.

Best wishes ...... Robin

Grandparent carer in Suffolk [:)]
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

Kate

Post by Kate » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:18 pm

This all sounds good, David [:)]

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:44 am

I've just been given the date when the new forum will go live.

It will be next Thursday, 28th July.

Access to the forum will be down for some or all of the day, while the transfer takes place - we will be moving all the discussions that have taken place so far this year over to the updated forum.

How long the forum will be down for will depend on how long this takes, but the forum will definitely be up and running by the following day, on the Friday. There will also be technical support available that day to help sort out any teething troubles.

I'll keep you posted with any new information.

David R
FRG Policy Adviser
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:16 pm

Just two days until the new forum will be going up!

Everyone who is already registered will be registered for the new forum, but you will have to pick a new password the first time you use it. It's a fairly straightforward process.

New members will be asked a few more questions when they register than they are at the moment. I hope that will mean we get fewer spam registrations, since at the moment poor Yasmin still has to sort of hundreds of those every week. Still, she is doing a good job, as I can't remember the last time a 'wrong' member got through.

Just to remind you, this board will be down for some or all of Thursday while the new board is installed. After the new board has been set up, there will be technical support to help with any difficulties you may be having.

The new forum will provide another way for family and friends carers to take questions to FRG advisers. They will be visiting it on a daily (Mon-Fri) basis, while I will still contribute on specific family and friends care issues.

David R
FRG Policy Adviser
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser