Caf Cass Involvement

grace

Caf Cass Involvement

Post by grace » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:56 am

Hello All
It has been a few years since I asked for advice. However, in 2011 our son was granted RO for our two grandsons with the court order stating no contact either direct or indirect by mother.
Earlier this year, mother was granted Legal Aid (*questionable) and successfully granted a Contact Order. We have since been informed that either CafCass or Social Services did not "close out the case correctly" allowing mother a route in.
CafCass have been involved from this new order and have been quite aggressive in their approach.
Our youngest grandson is in Junior School and the Head teacher had to step in when they insisted in talking to him without a teacher present. He is adamant he does not want to see his mother. Our eldest grandson is in Year 7 and was spoken to in school on his own also. However he has agreed to see his mother and has seen her once. He told us recently that when the CafCass lady spoke to him she actually said "It would be a good idea for you and your mum to come together"
This strongly suggests that CafCass are determined to ensure that children have contact with mothers despite mother's history.(in this case)
In a recent meeting, mother revealed that she is pursuing contact for now but ultimately residency!
A CRB check has now revealed an ABH caution she has received along with a string of other convictions. (First offence was an assault to our eldest grandson, initiating a three year court case)
CafCass may or may not be aware of mother's convictions, but when brought to their attention will probably ignore it.
The Child Protection are currently investigating this latest information.

We are extremely concerned that CafCass are determined to gain Contact/RO for mother. Her solicitor may or not be aware of the information as mother has a history of manipulating the truth, using several solicitors in the past.

Any advice will be much appreciated

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Caf Cass Involvement

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:53 pm

Dear grace

Welcome to the Family and Friends discussion board. My name is Suzie, one of FRG’s online advisers.

Unfortunately we do not advise on matters relating to Cafcass, as we are an organisation that give advice on public law, which is when Children's Services are involved.

If you have a specific complaint where Cafcass have been involved with your grandchildren, you can go directly to their website for information about how to go about challenging decisions.

Can I suggest you refer to our child arrangement order advice sheet, as this has replaced the previous residence and contact orders.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes

Suzie