Should I risk saying no to contact with abusive dad

its all abit messy

Should I risk saying no to contact with abusive dad

Post by its all abit messy » Mon May 18, 2015 9:08 pm

So background, nephew coming to us under either sgo or care order then sgo, birth parents want CO but myself, my husband, SS and kinship team want SGO. Birth parents agreed last week in one of.court sessions before final hearing (on 24 May) he could come to us as SS caught them out in relationship after mam had said all had stopped after birth father put my other nephew into intensive care for over a week. SS found birth father guilty of the charges.
So my question is - have meeting tomorrow with SS, kinship team, Foster carers and both birth parents to discuss the placement as transiston plan starts tomorrow and my nephew will.be in our care next Friday. So at this meeting contact is to be discussed. SS advised twice yearly however nirth father is asking for six times yearly same as birth mam. Now as they have agrees to let him come to us should I agree to increase or deny, I feel if we deny this increase they could then retract the agreement of nephew coming to us. Wjats people's opinions or can they even retract the approval now? Thanks

its all abit messy

Re: Should I risk saying no to contact with abusive dad

Post by its all abit messy » Tue May 19, 2015 7:44 am

Thanks very much for reply,made me feel less nervous for.this morning.
SW asked me about six timely yearly, wasn't my suggestion.
Fingers crossed for today and will update

its all abit messy

Post by its all abit messy » Tue May 19, 2015 7:50 am

I have already stated not welcome at my house SS he puts my children in danger so birthdays and Christmas aren't an option, this was SW idea

its all abit messy

Post by its all abit messy » Wed May 20, 2015 9:16 am

Well transition meeting went fab! All now agree nephew should come under SGO, even cafcass. I put my foot down over contact and got my own way as don't want him near my children.
He will be with us next Thursday for good with 5 days transiston until then
Didn't think we would ever be sorted after six months of fighting

its all abit messy

Post by its all abit messy » Thu May 21, 2015 10:28 pm

Thanks, never thought we'd get here! It's all abit real and scary now