Totally confused, Please help!!

Nanny-to-be

Totally confused, Please help!!

Post by Nanny-to-be » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:14 pm

My son and his GF are expecting in approx 3 months. Going on 2 years ago my son was accused of abusing his ex girlfriends LG. This was unfounded and no charges were ever made as the ex admitted she was lying. Now the SS (appropriate initials in my book) are saying that my son may not be entitled to be at the birth, live with his GF and only have supervised access and that just because charges were never made that it doesn't mean that he didn't do it....Since when did SS play judge and jury over the police etc??? We're all worried sick....Would appreciate any advice on this issue...They're threatening to tear a family apart.....

Nanny-to-be

Re: Totally confused, Please help!!

Post by Nanny-to-be » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:56 pm

Thank you Irene, guess I got advised as to the wrong place to go to for advice., sorry about that. Will advise my son accordingly.

David Roth

Re: Totally confused, Please help!!

Post by David Roth » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:10 am

Nanny-to-be, your son and his girlfriend would be very welcome to join Family Rights Group's discussion forum for parents. They can take a look at it and register here: http://www.frg.org.uk/ParentsForum/

You and they are also very welcome to use Family Rights Group's advice service. The advice line is free to call from all UK landlines and most mobile phones - the number is 0808 801 0366 and it is open Mon-Fri 9.30-3.00. Alternatively, advisers can be contacted by email at advice@frg.org.uk

Irene is right to say though that this forum is not the right one — although it would be right for you if you ended up bringing up your grandchild. It is a discussion forum for family and friends carers, i.e. grandparents, older siblings and others who have taken in and are bringing up children from their wider family or friends network.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser