Contact order

aunty j

Contact order

Post by aunty j » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:34 pm

Hello everyone
My husband and I, care for our two nephews aged 7 and 2 years, (we,ve had the eldest, off and on, since he was 9 months old, we've now got a residence which, we've had for 2 yrs, and we've had the youngest, since he was 4 weeks old, and we've got a sgo, for him, which, we've had for a year). Neither has had any contact with their mother (my sister), the eldest for around 6 months, and the youngest, for 18 months.
The LA, stopped the contact, between the youngest, because, she kept missing contacts, and I stopped the eldest, because, I had to supervise his contacts, and she threatened me, in front of her child, (she can be very violent and abusive).
Everythings been quiet, until a few months ago, when I had a letter from her solicitor, saying that she was taking me to court for a contact order, to see her two boys. She managed to get legal aid, just before it was stopped, and we've been representing ourselves, because, there's no way we can afford the solicitors fees. She has also involved the dad of the 2yr old, he's had to go to court as well, though, he's against contact, as well, and is backing me. When we were in court, we had a meeting with the welfare officer, (we are opposing contact for the 2 yr old, because he doesn't know her, and he gets distressed, if he we leave him, but we are not opposing contact with the eldest, because he wants to see his mum, but I've made it clear, that I wont supervise).
The court ordered a section 7 report, which is almost complete, but the LA, have to do a supervised contact session, to see how she copes with the children, i'm worried about the youngest, having contact, because he doest know her, it'll upset him, so, the social worker, has asked us, to take the boys, to the contact centre, so that it would be less stressful for the youngest, which I wasn't happy about, because, I don't want to see her, but he said, do it for the youngest., and not for her, so I agreed.
What we are worried about, is that the court will agree to contact, for the youngest, even though it will be distressing for him, when we were there, last time, we felt that they were taking, her feelings int account, and not the welfare of her children..

Sorry for the long post, but any replies, or advice, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks