Back in court again!

lilyjo777

Re: Back in court again!

Post by lilyjo777 » Tue May 10, 2011 10:51 pm

Best of luck for tomorrow. I am also in court tomorrow. hope things go right for the both of us

mama t

Post by mama t » Tue May 10, 2011 11:32 pm

good luck to both of you i hope you both have the outcomes you need.

love n light mama t

mama t
www.whyitsallaboutthem.com

Kate

Post by Kate » Wed May 11, 2011 12:25 am

Wishing you both the very best outcome - hope you get a half-decent night's sleep to set you up!

ajc

Post by ajc » Sun May 15, 2011 10:31 pm

Hi Cellbar just to let you know I am think of you and hope you have the outcome you want x

Keep on keeping on
Keep on keeping on

Cellbar

Post by Cellbar » Mon May 16, 2011 8:02 pm

In all honesty it was a nightmare - literally 2 minutes before we were called into /court, their Barrister (not solicitor now) handed us an amended, handwritten copy of the Directions paper! they dom this every time we go to court.

We let the Judge know but boy did he tear strips of the Barrister, telling them they should not do what they were trying to do and he did not appreciate having things amended at the last minute. There were errors in the report as well which he went mad at and he said we deserved better as we were not represented!

We are still arguing the legal point that they are trying to vary the SGO and need permission to be able to do so but we can't do this until the next hearing which has an urgent hearing date of 3 weeks time - we have to file statements by Wednesday this week. Its a nightmare and the stuff we are having to go through to get up to speed - so much stuff to try and cover and remember [xx(]

There is no case law for what we need to get over either which is not helping... will keep you posted as we go along.

Kate

Post by Kate » Wed May 18, 2011 12:56 am

Thinking of you Cellbar, I hope you got everything done for filing the statements tomorrow. Talk about pressure.

ajc

Post by ajc » Wed May 18, 2011 6:37 pm

Yes echoing Kate god bless x

Keep on keeping on
Keep on keeping on

nanaJ

Post by nanaJ » Wed May 18, 2011 9:57 pm

Cellbar, this is so right about how some barristers treat unrepresented parties, it is just a form of bullying.

My good wishes to you - I hope your case sets a precedent and makes case law and puts a stop to the nightmare of continual contact challenges to SGO's. This was never what the government envisaged, it was a halfway house between RO and adoption but sadly the same problems still remain.

Cellbar

Post by Cellbar » Sun May 29, 2011 3:24 pm

I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and their support - its abig help in very trying times.

We have exchanged statements and whereas we were told to 'try and be positive' about the mother as it would look negative on us, the mothers statement is unbelievable! All she has done is talk us done and try and make us look bad - I was amazed at what I read - I am hoping this will show her in her true light in front of the Judge, but it really does get to me I have to be honest.

some of the stuff she comes out with is contradictory too which I also hope goes in our favour, as neither her nor her solicitor/barrister would appear to have really though out their argument, which should help us to prove what we are staying anyway, it just seems so pointless.

She is clearly trying to use the children to her own ends (which is what we have said all along), something we will not do but it just makes me sick that she will.

Its a major build up now to next week and the stuff I am going to have to read through and do before then is pretty daunting, but we are determined to go in fighting but factual and hope the trush and the best interests of our little girl rule the day!

la cordera

Post by la cordera » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:46 pm

trying to find out how cellbar and the case she was having difficulty with, ended up,as we now find ourselves in same position
thanks