Why?

Sue74

Why?

Post by Sue74 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:06 pm

Why is it that since day one of me getting involved, am I still have supervised contact with my nephew, I'm fighting for him and his now sister to come and live with me and my family so how come it has to be supervised, anybody got any ideas that can help me get my head round it.

divadi2000

Re: Why?

Post by divadi2000 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:44 pm

Has s/s gave any reasons why this has to be supervised? you should push them x
quote:Originally posted by Sue74

Why is it that since day one of me getting involved, am I still have supervised contact with my nephew, I'm fighting for him and his now sister to come and live with me and my family so how come it has to be supervised, anybody got any ideas that can help me get my head round it.

Sue74

Post by Sue74 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:44 pm

I have asked but all I get is we have to see how you interact with your nephew plus we have to protect you and your nephew. ?????? Been supervised now for a full year, so why are they still wanting to see how we interact with him.

divadi2000

Post by divadi2000 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:01 pm

Surely after a year they would see how you interact? and because this has been going on a year if I were you I would see a Solicitor maybe might sort it out good luck x
dquote:Originally posted by Sue74

I have asked but all I get is we have to see how you interact with your nephew plus we have to protect you and your nephew. ?????? Been supervised now for a full year, so why are they still wanting to see how we interact with him.

Sue74

Post by Sue74 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:18 pm

Have seen a solicitor, he has also asked why I'm being supervised but the main social worker says I'm not actually being supervised, just observed, same difference to me, might have to talk to the guardian about it, see what she reckons.

divadi2000

Post by divadi2000 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:43 pm

You should put a complaint in against s/s! I did and i'm at stage 1 got some answers i was looking for and in writing which is what i wanted for future reference should they go back on what they say.. they wanted to wrap it up at this stage but i'm making them stew as i still want answers from other questions they skipped...still waiting for their response..i refuse to let them lot intimidate nor patronise me!after all people like you and me are saving them a fortune as they would pay a foster carer 100's if they were caring for the kids despite "us doing the same job effectivley if not better" with no support! x
quote:Originally posted by Sue74

Have seen a solicitor, he has also asked why I'm being supervised but the main social worker says I'm not actually being supervised, just observed, same difference to me, might have to talk to the guardian about it, see what she reckons.

Sue74

Post by Sue74 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:45 am

@ ied53, I will ask them why they feel the need to supervise me, have left it to the solicitor up to now but maybe its time for me to do the asking, they did ask me about 8 months ago to supervise contact with the parents, seemed to go ok with how the parents were at that stage in the ongoing assessments of them (it was still early on in their assessment and my nephew was only a matter of months old so still very raw for the parents), but it was cancelled without reason. I've read in paperwork that it was a joint decision with all the people involved i.e ss, the parents and myself, but to this day I am unaware of the reasons because I know I never met up with anybody to cancel those contact sessions.

I was also only asked very recently to supervise the parents in another matter which I was happy to do.

I did mention about when it would be possible to have unsupervised and was informed that if the judge agreed with me fostering my neice and nephew then it would probably happen then. Still got to talk to the main social worker involved to confirm that.

old bear

Post by old bear » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:42 pm

hi sue,
are you, perhaps, being "observed" as part of their decision about you fostering?
lol
old bear

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:54 am

Perhaps you could ask for some feedback from the observations?

If the purpose is to see how well you are managing with your nephew, surely they must be forming a view about that by now. If there are any concerns, it would be helpful for you to know about them. (It seems to me to be unlikely that there are concerns, or they would surely have been raised with you before now, but asking these questions might focus their minds on the purpose of these observations, which must be quite costly to maintain.)

David R
FRG Policy Adviser
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

Sue74

Post by Sue74 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:46 am

I have been told because they are on an interim care order that even if the grandparents or the great grandparents went to contact then they would all be supervised has well, would you say this sounds right or not because the solicitor doesn't understand why we have to have supervised contact, will be in touch soon with him to let him know what i have been told.