Fighting dirty in court? :-(

P17613P

Fighting dirty in court? :-(

Post by P17613P » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:19 am

Hello SS are currently going for a care order for my Grandson and I am hopefully going for an SGO as well

My daughter says she has recovered from her alcoholism etc but I have my doubts too

I feel when I do see something which concerns me eg there was a open packet of skunk weed on her dressing room table at my Grandsons Birthday party at her house today and her boyfriend who she told social services she was not seeing as is ''not seeing anyone and is concentrating on her recovery'' was smoking the skunk outside in front of the children and was very lethargic and overly chilled out etc in front of them , turns out he has also been kicked out of his house today as his Mum found he was growing weed in the house without her knowledge or permission!

But anyway when I report my concerns I know my daughter does not know I have done so as yet BUT when she finds out the **** will hit the fan and I KNOW FOR SURE she will then bring up stuff about MY PAST in court etc

I have not been squeaky clean in my past and if she brings up 2 of the things I have done which were quite serious ( non child protection ) it could blow the whole case not in my favour but she does not realise that going against me does not mean she automatically gets her son back or that raking up stuff I have done 14 years ago before my Grandson was even born might not hinder the case for me at all for me to have guardianship as it is nothing I have done for 14 years nor will ever do again!

It will put a slur on my character but she has plenty of ammunition to do that as I was not the perfect parent either but all I know is I am a good and consistent carer for my Grandson who has special needs and my past mistakes are my past mistakes even though it is natural I worry about them and how tainted it makes me look even though I would not do the things I did now and what she has to realise is I am only bringing up current things which I have concerns about re if my Grandson was returned ( and I wish I did not have any concerns! ) I am not bringing up her past from before she even had him..

I just need to know how seriously they will take my past offences as I was never convicted etc as it was never brought to light but now it very possibly will be I am worried about how it will look in court etc and am hoping my solicitor will be wise on this stuff as well as the judge as I do not think it would even be fair for my daughter to bring up stuff which does not relate to the care of my Grandson for the past 2 years or the care of him since he was born as this stuff / my errors re the law which I regret were done a very long time ago and nothing at all since little man was born and a good while before that as well

I just want to know that me bringing up all my concerns will not backfire on me big time and hopefully it won't but tbh even if it DID I am still NOT going to cover up any concerns I have about my daughter caring for him as I will do everything I can to protect my Grandson even if I have to pay some sort of price for it as I know my daughter always says ''but look what you did'' if I report her for anything etc but this is about the care of my Grandson and it is about things she is currently doing and things I am currently concerned about which I will not stop reporting no matter what but there may be a huge backlash for me in court as she does have a lot of ''dirt'' on me and will definitely play dirty as she thinks if I don't have him SHE WILL which is not the case but she won't see it any other way :(

P17613P

Re: Fighting dirty in court? :-(

Post by P17613P » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:22 am

I also worry about how what my daughter brings up will affect my SGO assessment :-(

P17613P

Re: Fighting dirty in court? :-(

Post by P17613P » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:28 am

I am just going to be honest about everything

It seems like 'deflection' to me which is something she always does so I know she will fight very dirty indeed once she finds out I have been voicing my concerns