Hand over

Dolly daydream

Hand over

Postby Dolly daydream » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:14 pm

I am due to go to court on September 25th for a SGO hearing and am wondering if anyone knows how long after is the hand over? Visitation is due to start after the hearing so know it won't be straight away.

ied53

Re: Hand over

Postby ied53 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:09 pm

Hi Dolly it depends on how old the child is. Babies tend to take less time as they seem to adapt quickly older ones tend to have a few visits and occasional over nights to be used to you. Beggars belief really they haven't started contact yet and or staying with you to see how you are with the child
Irene
Grandparent carer in Lincolnshire
Tough times never last tough people do

Dolly daydream

Postby Dolly daydream » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:09 pm

He will be 4 months old at the court hearing. And they have discussed an over night visit after the court case but I have yet to meet him.

ied53

Postby ied53 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:43 pm

We had regular contact and then she was moved in once decision made that not going back to bp
Irene

Dolly daydream

Postby Dolly daydream » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:14 pm

Thanks Irene, do you know that if the case goes my way when are papers signed is it the same day? Also do they pay a grant to get baby stuff? Sorry about all these questions.

ied53

Postby ied53 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:33 pm

If you are fostering they should provide the baby stuff ( they will try not to). If not fostering you can apply for a grant (can't remember the name). Paperwork will follow after a few days. A good site for stuff if you don't get help is freecycle.org and look for a local group. As the name implies anything you get is free. You can put wanted posts. Caution though if fostering "hand me downs" are frowned on. so keep it Quiet
Irene

Return to “Legal orders”