Sgo assessment?

Mammanenna

Sgo assessment?

Post by Mammanenna » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:33 pm

Hi all. New to the forum. Some great info on here.
Im just wondering what/how exactly they assess you?
I know its medical and financial but what specifically? Ive never dealt with any if this before so ANY info would be brilliant. Thanks :)

Mammanenna

Re: Sgo assessment?

Post by Mammanenna » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:57 pm

Thank you irene.
I am a single parent to 2 children (5yrs and 6mths). Do you think they will want to speak with my ex partner as we still have a good relationship due to the children.
How many references do they generally ask for? Can they be family or are they friends/professionals?
do they ask for bank statements?
Childhood questions such as was it happy/settled?
Sorry for so many questions. Just want to be as prepared as i can be. Ive also seen your name alot on the replies to people so am hoping i can make the most your knowledge :)

Mammanenna

Post by Mammanenna » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:58 pm

Also, can friends be assessed for the sgo as the father is trying to get friends to come forward?thanks

Mammanenna

Post by Mammanenna » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:49 am

Thank you so much for all the info.
I will no doubt ask more questions in time to come so thanks for the offer of help.

Mammanenna

Post by Mammanenna » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 am

Would me having a 6 month old baby be a negative? It has been mentioned that it may be seen that i wont have the time to share out.

Mammanenna

Post by Mammanenna » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:58 pm

The twin thing was exactly the thing i mentioned. I also said that i adapted from having one child to two so i would just adapt from having two children to three to care for.

Mammanenna

Post by Mammanenna » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:24 pm

Another question i have is what are the chances of my stepmother being assessed successfully. She has three children at home, 2 teenagers and one pre teen who has ss involvement already regarding several ongoing behavioural issues (including not being able to deal with change)
Her other daugher is pregnant and due to have her baby in feb, which given that my stepmother has had no involvement in my brothers (the father to child that the sgo is regarding) upbringing, so no close bond, im concerned the child may be inadvertently pushed to the side.
My dad and stepmum are also currently seperating. He still lives in the family home at the moment, until he can be housed by the LA.
In the meeting regarding the child, my stepmum stated she would be assessed as "a backup".
Do you think its sounds like she has any sort of chance of being approved to have a new baby in her care and granted the sgo?

Mammanenna

Post by Mammanenna » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:25 pm

Other daughter that is pregnant lives 2 mins walk from stepmums house. Not in the same house as step mum