prohibited steps order

DGJ

prohibited steps order

Post by DGJ » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:47 am

I don't know if this is in the right forum. I am a carer and have just had a final hearing though no decision yet as the evidence has been so large the judgement is postponed for a week and a bit.A few professionals have mentioned a prohibited steps order and would like to know what force this will give.. Can someone tell me if this gives power of arrest if being broken by the party.

Robin D

Re: prohibited steps order

Post by Robin D » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:09 am

I'm not sure, but breaking the order is effectively contempt of court.

This http://www.family-law-solicitors.com/ch ... ps-orders/ might be helpful if you read down the page.

In my very limited experience of one occasion where the police were called, they did prevent the order being breached having been shown a copy. However that was by 'persuasion', and they were threatening to arrest to prevent a breach of the peace!

Best wishes ..... Robin
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.