supervision order

temporary.username

supervision order

Post by temporary.username » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:21 pm

My daughter placed my eldest grandson in my care at 8 months old and is now 6 and has been with me all the time. I gained a Residence Order in September 2012, which she seemed quite agreeable to.
However, during this time, she had another son who was taken into care last year, at 3 years old.
Since that has happened and the local authority has become involved, she has turned on me and reported that I emotionally abused her as a child and that has affected her parenting skills.
When I accidently bumped into her a few weeks ago, she admitted of her own accord that she had told some terrible lies about me and was using me as a scapegoat to get her youngest son out of care, and also get my eldest grandson back. She is also expecting another child in August.

Because of the seriousness of the allegations, the LA have made my resident grandson registered on the child protection register back in January. He was then taken off it at the beginning of this month. When we attended court yesterday, it was the Social Workers intention for him to now be under an Interim Care Order while investigations continue. However the Judge granted that a temporary Residence Order be enforced, but running along side that, a Supervision Order until we go back in 5 weeks time.

Does anyone have experience of this and what it entails, and although it is only temporary, does it suggest that the Judge deemed my grandson not to be at risk by not insisting on an Interim Care Order? Rose

Concerned2013

Re: supervision order

Post by Concerned2013 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:14 am

SUPERVISION ORDER

A court can ask Children’s Services to “supervise” how the parent cares for their child under a supervision order. A social worker will agree a contract or supervision plan with the parent, which will set out what is expected of the parent and the help the social worker will give.

This order does not give Children’s Services parental responsibility for the child so basic decisions about how the child is raised can be made by the parents/other with parental responsibility but they may still want to discuss things with the supervising social worker to make sure they are happy with the plan.

A Supervision Order lasts for up to one year, and can be extended at most for two more years.
Signed

disillusioned with the whole process, but will continue to fight for justice to the last breath.

temporary.username

Post by temporary.username » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:59 pm

ied53 wrote:A supervision order is to give you more support and evidence they arevin the frame. It enables you to get help too at this awful time
Thank you for your kind reply, I appreciate not being alone in all this.

temporary.username

Post by temporary.username » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:00 pm

Concerned2013 wrote:
SUPERVISION ORDER

A court can ask Children’s Services to “supervise” how the parent cares for their child under a supervision order. A social worker will agree a contract or supervision plan with the parent, which will set out what is expected of the parent and the help the social worker will give.

This order does not give Children’s Services parental responsibility for the child so basic decisions about how the child is raised can be made by the parents/other with parental responsibility but they may still want to discuss things with the supervising social worker to make sure they are happy with the plan.

A Supervision Order lasts for up to one year, and can be extended at most for two more years.
Thank you for your supportive comments. Sounds like you have had a tough time also.

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:58 pm

From what you have said, it sounds as though the social workers were initially concerned when your daughter made her allegations, as they would not have known which version of events was true without looking into it. However, if the child protection plan was removed from your grandson within a couple of months, then that would seem to be an indication that they became less concerned about your care for him.

I am slightly surprised that the court should make an Interim Residence Order, when there is a Residence order already in place, as there wold be no need for anything else. It could be worth checking if this is what happened.

Under a Supervision Order, the social worker's duties are to 'advise, assist and befriend' the child. However, it is sometimes used in court cases as a way of either making sure social workers will remain involved with a case, if there is concern they might not provide the support that is needed, or for ensuring that they will be able to monitor what is going on. The latter sounds more likely in your case. The court might be accepting that there is probably no cause for concern, so the child can stay on with you in the meantime, but the SO means that social workers can still visit and make sure.

I do have to say this is just my speculation from the information you provided, and if you want to be sure you should check with the social worker, or with the Cafcass officer when one is appointed.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser