point of law

kinwah

point of law

Post by kinwah » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:22 pm

hi, have been advised today that I cant apply for an SGO with a previously fostered bubs becoz there is a placement order in place, but she could have an adoption order made, or a residence order or a contact order with a placement order in place. am a little confused about this. I could understand it if it was that an adoption order, which is higher order in terms of PR, wasn't allowed either, but it just seems odd that an SGO is singled out in this way.
have been told I would need to apply for leave to revoke the PO before asking for leave to apply for an SGO, but that I could ask for leave to apply for a residence order at the same time as asking for leave to apply to revoke the PO, and that I could also, at the same time, apply for a contact order. just seems such a long winded way to do things, and why is it not possible to apply for leave to revoke the PO at the same time as applying for leave to apply for an SGO and a contact order?
anyone know what the law for this is and why an SGO is treated so differently?

Robin D

Re: point of law

Post by Robin D » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:35 pm

I'm afraid I don't know, but the advice line either will, or be able to find out. Can I suggest you ring them next week?
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.