Should I or my daughter get an injunction.

RobB

Should I or my daughter get an injunction.

Post by RobB » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:50 pm

We are currently applying for a RO which I have been inquiring about here. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4253
Our grandchildren are currently in interim care.
Today my daughter received the statement from children's services with their recommendations for the final hearing towards the end of September. They recommend the return of the children to their father who will move 200 miles away from us all. We believe this decision to be very wrong.
They also say they are now going to start giving unsupervised contact to the father starting in 2 weeks. Can they do this without a court order? We know the father has lied about many things some of which we have a witness too. At least one of these false statements is recorded by children's services in their statement. (we have not yet seen the statement as my daughter has only relayed it by phone to us) . We will see it tomorrow. We worry that the father has unsupervised access to the children before a court can at least look at the evidence from all parties, and it is unjust for child services to allow unsupervised access to the father but not to the mother.
We would like to know if it is possible or worth seeking an injunction or similar, probable by my daughter or possibly by us to prevent the father having unsupervised access to the children before the final hearing. If my daughter does it, presumably it should be through her solicitor. I don't think any of us are happy with my daughters solicitors but feel it is too late in the case to change her now.

Robin D

Re: Should I or my daughter get an injunction.

Post by Robin D » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:06 pm

I've seen cases in the past where Childrens Services make big decisions while the matter is before the courts. Your solicitor (if you are party, or have applied to become party), or your daughters solicitor needs to be asked to get a strongly worded letter to the Local Authority Legal Department by fax objecting to the proposed action without the court have had the chance to review the evidence to-date. Social workers occasionally need reminding that they are not a law unto themselves, but answer to the court!

You might also usefully approach the guardian if one has been appointed.

Best wishes ...... Robin
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.