Special Guardianship

joanne6153

Special Guardianship

Post by joanne6153 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:09 am

hi we are new to this site and we just wanted to share our experiences of our travels on the road to where we are now and hopefully get a bit of advice as we carry on to the end and then beyond.

joanne6153

Re: Special Guardianship

Post by joanne6153 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi all am back again still no order still court dates waiting have a placement officer off work since January a sw off the last three weeks a new gaurdian who is a bum hole!!! Trust me on that one lol and two happier little bods getting used to routine and being part of a family, so not all bad news. The new guardian was appointed by the court at the begining of march and he got in touch with us at the end of june! Here is how the conversation went and am being honest!! " so i dont wish to sound condesending but... The way that you parent your twochildren is not the way you should parent ........( our chosen two) because at the end of the day you are only a parent!!! So i left the room to make a cup of tea and left the other half to deal with him i was blazing not one mention of what we have done to make these two bods part of our family the constant reasurance the strict routine the bending over backward to make them feel part of everything! How dare he judge me in 2 minuets of entering our home ! As i said bumhole!

joanne6153

Post by joanne6153 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:56 pm

Ha ha ha i will use that in future thanks Irene x

youngagain

Post by youngagain » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:39 pm

I only have read a little of it but I get the picture, I wish you and your new boy all the best and I cant help saying that i would make a complaint about all of the things that you think have effected your boy that the ss have done, its up to you, it may make them listen to you.
Poor little lad, it really effects me when I see them suffer.The future will be better.[:)]

nwse2001

Post by nwse2001 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi, myself and my husband have been goin through the same thing recently, i know what u mean about the f form, im glad im not the only one who felt under the microscope. Weve just started out contact and in a couple of weeks they will be moving in. We have just been advised to see a solicitor. weve have been assessed as foster parents and the special guardianship should be sorted within a few months. It feels like it has taken forever on minute there are assessments the next you dont hear of them also weve had a problem with our medicals, they went missing on the way to the foster panel. Its nice to know other people are going through the same as us, gd luck jo.

nwse2001
nwse2001

Jo6153

Post by Jo6153 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:30 pm

Hi all another day in court another final hearing but still no order. This time the new guardian said he would not agree till SS started to do what they kept promising to do but the SW kstill off ill so nothing moving there her manager didnt turn up in case he was asked to give evidence as to why nothing has been done since March so they sent a duty SW to court how strange is that! Back again in October and we have been promised that is the final final final hearing, again so upwards on onwards x. Jo and Gary x

David

Post by David » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:00 am

I hope that the court showed their displeasure at the Local Authority's prevarication..
David - former kinship carer for SEND grandaughter, now retired and still appointee for her Universal Credit & DWP benefits

Jo6153

Post by Jo6153 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi David the last 2 appearances in court have been in front of a new judge, not as patient as the previous judge and she has told the LA if any order of the court is not carried out then as she said" the faceless nameless senior manager/employee who blocks any movement forward is to appear in court to explain why or face the conciquences" needless to say the LA barrister is the only one representing the SS in court

Jo and Gary x

Jo6153

Post by Jo6153 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:35 pm

Finally on the 19 of October we became special guardians after 18 months of nonsense well worth the fight and the sense of achievement is huge :D :D Having a few problems with the school who still want to refer to oneof the children as a L A C child and still last week were informing social worker and not us of his development issues but hey not to bad x

Kate

Post by Kate » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Congratulations, you can relax a bit now :D :D