Dumped by social services

markh

Dumped by social services

Post by markh » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:11 pm

After having a SGO Started by Hounslow social services, we now have to start all over again with Northamptonshire social services.
We have my partners three grand children living with us, and I agreed we would go for an SGO provided we had financial help. As we're already struggling financially but we're still waiting for tax credits to be sorted (about six months now) and now Hounslow social services have basically dumped us so it won't cost them anything.
It is also affecting our own 3yr old daughter. And if I say anything I'm the bad guy.
Can't go anywhere that isn't local as we can't afford to get a bigger car.
Now we have to start again with Northants social services a bit fed up is an understatement.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Dumped by social services

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:39 pm

Dear Markh

I am sorry to hear about the lack of support. I can see how fed up you are feeling.

Its not clear from your post what the legal position might be.

You could have a look at our advice sheet about support for friend and family carers. . It sets out different legal arrangements that might be available.

• Did you get a special guardianship order granted by the court?
• Were the children placed with you by Hounslow Children Services?
• Were you foster carers for the children, at all?
• Have you ever had another court order for the children-such as a child arrangements order or residence order?
Our advice sheet about DIY Special Guardianship orders from page 39 sets out the types of support that might be available, how you can ask for an assessment for support and what to do if you are turned down.

You could also call our advice line on 0808 801 0366.

Best wishes,

Suzie