Did i make a mistake and paid heavilly for it?

welshwitch52

Did i make a mistake and paid heavilly for it?

Post by welshwitch52 » Thu May 29, 2014 9:35 am

My son and daughter in law have just split up after having a very volatile relationships that caused domestic violence on both sides although there was no physical violence but a lot of arguments and the
Police being called several times. Their 2 children were put on the 'at risk' register and my son had a restraining order against him , my daughter in law tried to drop the order and was told by Social Services they would seriously consider taking them to court and have the children put in care if they tried. They continued to have contact and were caught being together, SS have now moved my daughter in law away and has advised her not to allow any of our family to have contact until we have a 'risk assessment' done as we knew they were in contact but we failed to inform social services. They are now saying we
put the children in more danger. I must state the children were never physically harmed.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Did i make a mistake and paid heavilly for it?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri May 30, 2014 1:48 pm

Dear welshwitch52

My name is Suzie, one of the Family Rights Group's online advisers.

I am sorry that you have Children's Services involvement and struggling to see your grandchildren at this time. As stated by ied53, the Local Authority will be concerned about the children's exposure to domestic abuse and the impact on their physical and emotional wellbeing.

For this reason it will be crucial to fully engage with any risk assessments undertaken by the Local Authority so they can be satisfied what level of contact (and with whom) is in the children's best interests.

You may find it useful to refer to our child protection and child arrangement orders (these have replaced residence and contact order) advice sheets and refer to the : National Domestic Violence Helpline for further information about some of the key issues involved.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes

Suzie

welshwitch52

Re: Did i make a mistake and paid heavilly for it?

Post by welshwitch52 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:18 pm

Thanks Suzie for your reply, we went for the 'risk assessment' on Friday and waiting for Social Services to decide if we can have contact.